January 16, 2018, 07:30:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: foraging skills, the last ditch effort  (Read 213 times)
vector001

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 06:59:00 PM »

I just don't do fast food very often. Subway maybe twice a year but it is just better for my digestion to bring my own food.

i used to like junk food just to stay edgy, but we've had so many fresh tomatoes, peppers, and onions and leafy greens from the organic-dirt-based aquaponics, fast food is just like eating particle board these days.

and the dirt just gets better with age, so the produce tastes better.

i am growing veggies on the restaurant roof - i guess i should tell them about that.... i will give them a good price for it....

vec

Some people bring a knife to a gunfight and win.

Some people bring swim fins to the knife fight, watch the other idiots kill each other, then take their stuff and swim happily out of zombie range.
Bill S

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 07:15:17 PM »

The better you eat in real life, the crappier the fast food stuff tastes...
deerstalker

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 02:56:46 AM »

Everything in moderation, including health...

Truth!

Diet anxiety does more harm than junk food for may IMO
deerstalker

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 03:16:04 AM »

Health first, without it, there's not much left.

What,............do you want to live forever?  Roll Eyes 
Bill S

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2018, 09:09:45 AM »

Only if they can cure that aging thingy...

I find that even though I'm only 26, for some reason, I don't heal up as fast...
Quill

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 10:12:26 AM »

Why not. I have lots of things to do, things to learn and places to see. I don't think anyone says boy I am glad I will get old and die or I can't wait to die. We face it begrudgingly.

What's over the next hill?
Rooster

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2018, 12:14:34 PM »

I saw B.B. King in a Clapton guitar fest a couple of years ago and he said to the audience, "I want to live forever, but I want you to live forever and a day."
He was in his 80's, overweight and had aged, but he still played with the best of them. Nobody else ever played like B.B. King. And the only thing that crosses my mind about not living forever, is how badly are "they" gonna screw things up, without me here to keep them in line. My dad would have said,"Don't worry, they'll manage." That would have been the end of the conversation. Forever and a day.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:19:49 PM by Rooster » Logged

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Combat-Trout

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 02:50:12 PM »

Everything in moderation, including health...

Truth!

Diet anxiety does more harm than junk food for may IMO

Wtf? Diet anxiety? Is that a new protected class?

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
deerstalker

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 01:28:04 AM »

Wtf? Diet anxiety? Is that a new protected class?

Not protected.......... Undecided

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_disorder

Rooster

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2018, 02:56:30 PM »

Since it's unprotected, I suggest we send all of the non-dieting Americans to California and establish sanctuary anti-dieting cities. Let them eat themselves to death. Double meat cheeseburger with extra cheese, large fries and a large chocolate malt. Life is good. By the way CT, my 5 lb. bag of Flax seed is over at the P.O. Box, I'm gonna go pick it up in a minute. Thank's for the advice.

Rooster
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:00:13 PM by Rooster » Logged

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
deerstalker

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 08:20:01 PM »

Let them eat themselves to death.

Some starve themselves to death too Wink
Rooster

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 10:59:19 PM »

Bulimia.

Rooster

Quill

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2018, 03:08:01 PM »

Had a girl in the ward that had an eating disorder over 20 years ago. By then it was better understood. They sent her to a facility that handled eating disorders. Almost brought tears to me sitting with her. She was a pretty young thing too which probably didn't help.

What's over the next hill?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting