January 16, 2018, 07:19:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Semis & concrete  (Read 362 times)
Rooster

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 11:58:56 PM »

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 12:20:02 AM by Rooster » Logged

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Rooster

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2017, 12:15:24 AM »

I have a .40 cal. sitting on the table between me and the computer,...

Given that the .40cal & the computer are inanimate it sounds like the only unpredictable element in the room is you Rooster.

You'll need to fully consider that when preparing the Safe Work Method Statement for your next planned activity.

I have to use reasonable caution, my little dog Peanut is in here too. But I don't have to be overly concerned with the Statement, he cant read. Again, he does have two looks that he uses when I leave the house without him and that is seldom. I always look back and say "I'll be back in a minute," at which point he either gives me the sad face or a blatant "you sob."

Rooster

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 12:18:24 AM by Rooster » Logged

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
deerstalker

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2017, 03:08:54 AM »

I don't have to be overly concerned with the Statement, he cant read.

That's no excuse Rooster, happens on construction sites all the time.

You need to plan your daily tool box meetings to convey the necessary information orally.

(with copious treats on offer to avoid disinterest on the part of the audience)

Rooster

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2017, 04:56:12 PM »

After having had him for 12 years, one of the first things I learned was that he has selective hearing, but a pocket full of treats would definitely catch his attention.

Rooster

deerstalker

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2017, 07:16:57 PM »

........... a pocket full of treats would definitely catch his attention.

When minding friend's dogs I keep a plastic bag of Schmackos in my pocket, after a while all I have to do is rattle the plastic bag Wink Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPfshtIirR8
Rooster

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 01:07:53 AM »

You turned my light bulb on, Peanut knows the sound of the crinkle or crackle of a plastic bag from two rooms away. Good idea.

Rooster

deerstalker

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2017, 02:22:58 AM »

Combat-Trout

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2017, 11:48:27 AM »

And yes, all those fancy led flashlights will die in the pulse, they all have processors that are difficult to unpower...

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Rooster

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2017, 03:58:54 PM »

Thank's, I didn't know.

Rooster

deerstalker

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2017, 04:07:25 PM »

Thank's, I didn't know.

Store some in a Faraday box Rooster Wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage
Combat-Trout

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2018, 10:16:20 PM »

Better yet, build a bunker that is a faraday cage... you know, just in case...

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
deerstalker

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2018, 10:26:56 PM »

Better yet, build a bunker that is a faraday cage... you know, just in case...

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting