December 11, 2017, 09:01:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Farmer power  (Read 99 times)
deerstalker

« on: November 19, 2017, 05:25:45 AM »

Tired of waiting........

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/11/19/19/18/unlikely-tech-hub-fuelling-internet-revolution
Bill S

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 12:44:16 PM »

That's actually starting to look like a good idea where I am, too.  Major problem is longer lines and less people.  Doubt we could find 4000 subscribers. 

vector001

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »

we had a computer engineer put a T5 line in at our Black Hills property, for his use with the DoD.

he left it to us. the thing is so fast, i can't even explain it.

but that's a rare blessing, in those parts.

take care of people, and gifts will rain from the sky.

vec

Some people bring a knife to a gunfight and win.

Some people bring swim fins to the knife fight, watch the other idiots kill each other, then take their stuff and swim happily out of zombie range.
Combat-Trout

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 07:24:29 PM »

Right now I get faster internet in rural Wy for half the price of a slower connection in town. But Iím scheming to get up there more...

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Rooster

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 08:16:09 PM »

Here on the Texas coast, I was using Spectrum until Harvey hit,.. they left us sitting here for a month to six weeks with no response from customer service as to a projected renewal of service. My land land has been with AT&T since the '70's so I bundled everything with AT&T dish, computer, TV and phone for $24.00 a month less than Spectrum's fee. There's change in the phone service but my computer is faster, my TV has a better picture and without the technical glitches that came with Spectrum "service." I was immediately a happy camper.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting