November 19, 2017, 08:23:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Woodchipper  (Read 46 times)
Rooster

« on: November 13, 2017, 11:03:06 PM »

Info. from DS's stomping grounds. A 54 year old man has died in Australia after falling into a woodchipper. It happened on Sunday near Bisbane as three men were clearing the driveway for a lady that owned the property. It was described as an unusually grizzly scene.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
deerstalker

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 04:21:31 AM »

Gee whiz Shocked

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/man-dies-falling-into-woodchipper-in-gympie-accident/news-story/dd4a06ebbf947d0afa94d6381c5e5308
Rooster

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 10:38:55 AM »

The article I read, said that the authorities were looking into the situation to see if he had been operating the chipper correctly. God will get me for this, but my thought was that he forgot to read the fine print that read, Watch Your Ass when in use. My condolences.

Rooster
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:59:13 PM by Rooster » Logged

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Quill

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 01:51:57 PM »

good way to get rid of a body er I mean fertilize the ditch.

What's over the next hill?
Combat-Trout

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 08:20:38 PM »

Really? Theyíre looking to see if he was using it right? You donít fall into one if youíre doing everything right....

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
deerstalker

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 12:32:33 AM »

You donít fall into one if youíre doing everything right....

I wonder if there's a pictograph for that  
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 12:38:45 AM by deerstalker » Logged
Combat-Trout

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 05:40:45 AM »

There will be now... kind of ironic that weíre so concerned about protecting the stupid that we put so many labels on things and are now accustomed to ignoring them all... thatís clever

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Bill S

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 09:08:54 AM »

All I've got to say is that it's pretty easy to get hooked by a limb and pulled into one of those.  Even if you know what you are doing, you may not be able to to hit the panic button until you are part way into the machine.  And if it chews off a body part, you may not survive, even if all you loose is a hand or an arm.  You will be in shock and if the people around you don't know basic first aid, you'll have an excellent chance of bleeding out while they wait for the ambulance.  And even if you do hit the panic bar, if part of you is stuck in the teeth, no one may be able to stop the bleeding in time.

Those things make juggling chainsaws look safe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting