January 16, 2018, 07:27:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boots  (Read 497 times)
Combat-Trout

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2017, 01:28:09 PM »

Something that cheap about half the distance would be good for you. Iím guessing that distance is pretty easy most of the year, here thereís 2-3 months where a Evac would be sporty because of the weather. Water is the kicker, if you have to haul it, youíll never have enough. Putting a 50k well on a 10k piece of land  an be risky, but if you have water it could be an oasis too. And make sure you can use a bow, just cause you own the land doesnít mean a warden wonít show up... the animals are the stateís. And I guess youíll want your rain catchment systems to be covert, state owns rain/snow too... hmm, thereís a trend there...

Depending on the canyon it might be a good place to build into the side... above the bottom to be safe from the flooding, and not one top so you have the thermal benefits. Think the southwest cliff dwellings.

I wish i could find land that cheap... with water.

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Bill S

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2017, 05:54:33 PM »

State doesn't own the rain around here.  Corps Of Engineers does control the creeks, so there's that, though.
Combat-Trout

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2017, 10:01:02 PM »

State doesn't own the rain around here.  Corps Of Engineers does control the creeks, so there's that, though.

I was using state in the more general meaning, a lot of water out here is private still... itís all owner by someone...

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting