October 23, 2017, 05:21:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 42 rds. of .45 ACP  (Read 55 times)
Rooster

« on: October 12, 2017, 08:24:36 PM »

I fired 42 rds. of the Mozambique drill today. 21 at 3 yds. and 21 at 7 yds. I left 1 round outside of the head at 7 o'clock, I'll blame it on a failure to feed and the broken concentration for the recovery or follow up shot. In other words, I missed. All center mass shots were in the 9 ring. Now I've got to go back and redeem myself.

Rooster
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:34:36 AM by Rooster » Logged

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:23:21 AM »

sounds pretty good to me.. 

Dude

I have been where the hand of man has never set foot...
I'm not in  here with you , you are in here with me!...
 Of course I'm out of my mind , it's dark and scary in there...
Be a DirtBag and Fill it by Owning the Skills...
http://dirttimedude.blogspot.com visit my blog
"I have sat in the front row of hell and spit in the devils eye, first the right then the left.
 I have lived my life in such a manner that when I roll out of bed in the morning and my feet hit the floor , the devils reaction is .. oh shit!!.. he's awake!!!.
Rooster

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 07:23:56 AM »

The round that failed to feed was laying on top of the mag. so as I grabbed it with my fingers and dropped it into the chamber, I could see the blue man on the silhouette target pulling a 12 ga. out from under his overcoat, I hurried the shot. Thank's to your post, I realized this morning, that when something goes wrong, the time has come to re-set, not hurry your shot to try and make up for time that is already lost. I tell my friends, aside from suppressive fire, it's not how many rds. you fire and not always how fast you deliver them, it's is how many hits you make.

Rooster
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:35:15 AM by Rooster » Logged

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Bill S

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 11:28:52 AM »

Problem with being a civilian is you really can't do suppressive fire.  You are responsible for every round you fire, including the misses.  Which have to come down, somewhere.

So don't miss.

That solves that problem.
vector001

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 07:42:24 PM »

Problem with being a civilian is you really can't do suppressive fire.  You are responsible for every round you fire, including the misses.  Which have to come down, somewhere.

So don't miss.

That solves that problem.

....so does a thermite grenade....

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
Rooster

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 08:41:16 PM »

I'll take a case of 'em or, just a couple of them would make for a really nice Christmas gift from California.

Rooster

Bill S

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 11:23:56 AM »

I personally prefer HE, the survivors can't use the smoke of their burning accomplices to cover their escape. 

And thermite doesn't have much of a causality producing radius.

And you can't throw Willie Pete far enough...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting