October 23, 2017, 05:12:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: warning  (Read 135 times)
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« on: October 11, 2017, 02:04:54 AM »

just a warning for you whipper snappers .. this getting old pretty  much sucks... youve heard of the golden years well its really more like the friggin stone age... not enuff gold ...

mostly it isnt so bad  but in general it sucks... my mind sez you are going to do this thing today and my body sez screw you no you are not...

its a hard adjustment when you have always done something and your body betrays you ... but knocking on the front door of 80 im not doing so bad... most my mind is still here ,  others may not agree... but so far the voices have been right on.. lol...   

Dude

I have been where the hand of man has never set foot...
I'm not in  here with you , you are in here with me!...
 Of course I'm out of my mind , it's dark and scary in there...
Be a DirtBag and Fill it by Owning the Skills...
http://dirttimedude.blogspot.com visit my blog
"I have sat in the front row of hell and spit in the devils eye, first the right then the left.
 I have lived my life in such a manner that when I roll out of bed in the morning and my feet hit the floor , the devils reaction is .. oh shit!!.. he's awake!!!.
Quill

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:42:11 AM »

Tell yourself that the quality of you do now is much better since you take your time. Grin  Not that far off as many times I tell myself I don't want to have to this job again. When I was younger I didn't care.

What's over the next hill?
Combat-Trout

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:02:12 AM »

My mom just turned 88, nothing is easy. You just gotta keep going...

Personally, Iím pushing to retire early, at least from the day to day thing. Iíll probably still work, but on my terms.

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Bill S

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 11:22:41 AM »

You should have did like I did and stopped having birthdays when you were 26 or so...

Now I blame it all on Global Warming.  30 years ago, they were talking about a new Ice Age.  Now that we have Global Warming, there's all that extra moisture in the air, that makes the air hazy and hard to see through.  Plus, it displaces the oxygen in the air, so any time you exert yourself, there isn't enough oxygen, so you end up wheezing.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Global Warming wasn't caused by some of gravitational anomaly, I have noticed that things seem to be heavier and that hills have gotten steeper.

Other than that, as I am only 26, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh yeah, due to Global Warming, I don't seem to heal up as fast when I do something stupid.  I won the last fist fight I got into, still couldn't hardly move for three days afterwards...And he was late 30's, early forties. 

So, while I may be going down, I'm not out yet.  Experience and treachery can still beat youth and skill.   
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 06:32:17 PM »

yopu guys are not any help at all... I tyhink BillS has landed on the right reasons though...

CT i retired but have chosen to stay a bit involved in the music biz ... but only when i feel like it... i have a lot of projects that some would call work but for me its just fun ,

Quill , I have found that sometimes i just hire someone to do a job of work that i used to think i could do but always turned out i didnt have the skill or ths talent to do right...

get out of those jobs all they do is rob your life

Dude

"I have sat in the front row of hell and spit in the devils eye, first the right then the left.
 I have lived my life in such a manner that when I roll out of bed in the morning and my feet hit the floor , the devils reaction is .. oh shit!!.. he's awake!!!.
vector001

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 08:19:55 PM »

i think i was born old.

when i was young some old person told me youth was wasted on the young, i took note, that sure as Hell wasn't gonna happen to me.

venerable elder dude and i have known each other since he was my age now. one of the first things we talked about when we got face to face was how he thought his forties went by in about fifteen minutes - i took note, and took most of my forties off work. 'never regretted it.

people are really going to miss the dudeness, but mostly because they didn't compute windage when they take their best shot, plus he is really fast, if his girlfriends are to be believed.

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 11:13:59 PM »

yep i recall when we met first met in person, vec... and its been a pleasure ever since...the bit about being fast lol.. but i will get ya for that one i will just bide my time and wait to flatten yer ass out ...

Dude

Combat-Trout

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 06:36:39 AM »

CT i retired but have chosen to stay a bit involved in the music biz ... but only when i feel like it... i have a lot of projects that some would call work but for me its just fun ,

get out of those jobs all they do is rob your life

Dude

I hear you, my dad did the same thing only in aerospace. My version of retired is able to walk out free and clear, but I will probably still work on my own terms doing things I enjoy; maybe engineering, maybe teaching, maybe a small farm... I canít sit still long so who knows. Life is to short to spend it all in an office.

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
vector001

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 08:41:07 PM »

but i will get ya for that one i will just bide my time and wait to flatten yer ass out ...

Dude

i'm countin' on it.

we always have more fun when everyone runs when we start gettin' goin' IIRC.

those were fun times.

....gettin' swung at by your venerable elders - that's called affection, in my clan....  'got the wire fly swatter scars to prove i am the family favorite.... of course, we tend to ride horses that are particularly homicidal, even when you share your beer with them.... that's just spirit, snowflakes don't understand, but i don't know any of those except for the waitresses at my restaurant work that hit on me.... buncha tarts. it's terrible to be harassed by the apple bottom bombs, i tell ya - you are trying to have your coffee overlooking the twenty million dollar bay view, and they keep rubbing on you and hugging you and gettin' all that perfume all over your espresso.... savages. savages....

it's not weird for ya, when yer wired for it.

i can take it.

vec

Contact -

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:26 AM »

ya know vec i still get hit on but for the most part its older wimmin, some of them are rather fetching... and some of the younger jobs that can be a bit scary to this old cocker.. damn  heart attack waiting in the wings... well if she dies she dies... 

the mind is still alert to the look and the flirty eyes lol... but the older i get the less it happens ... i know some gals have a daddy thing  but not many a grand daddy thing , if any at all

i just try and be ready to stand my ground and not be shocked by the suggestive and bold gals today.. it is a different world for sure...

have fun... Dude

Bill S

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »

I love horses.  Way less fat in the meat than beef and none of the growth hormones.  The only better red meat is beaver.  But you have to trap it and skin it correctly.

vector001

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 07:40:47 PM »

Grin

Contact -

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
Combat-Trout

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 10:54:34 PM »

I love horses.  Way less fat in the meat than beef and none of the growth hormones.  The only better red meat is beaver.  But you have to trap it and skin it correctly.

Or at least buy dinner...  Roll Eyes

deerstalker

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 05:36:49 AM »

just a warning for you whipper snappers .. this getting old pretty  much sucks...

Like most people we've seen the way it unfolds with relatives & friends, very often helping them manage the process (six times in the last few years).

Seems to be about genetics, lifestyle & luck.

My wife is better at the emotional support, I'm better at the practical input.

It's good to have a positive attitude and fight, but there comes a time when accepting reality and planning accordingly is essential IMO.

That said, I currently hope to work 'till I drop Wink Cheesy
deerstalker

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 05:38:47 AM »

The only better red meat is beaver.  But you have to trap it and skin it correctly.

Or at least buy dinner...  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting