October 23, 2017, 05:26:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: you sleep like a rattlesnake  (Read 210 times)
Quill

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 07:34:33 AM »

Every time I come out of my world for a while, I want to move to the center of at least 80 acres. A section would be nicer. Big buffer zone.

What's over the next hill?
Rooster

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 11:45:07 AM »

Let's go big Quill, 17 sections, ringed by 105's with a couple of Super Cobra's, armed, fueled and ready to fly, on a pad centered within the property. I'm thinking that we might coax some of Vec's friends to man the weaponry. Better safe than sorry.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Combat-Trout

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 07:24:02 AM »

Every time I come out of my world for a while, I want to move to the center of at least 80 acres. A section would be nicer. Big buffer zone.

You are not alone in that!

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Bill S

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 11:25:12 AM »

Already am.  80 acres.  Got two ponds and a creek cuts through one corner.  Back corner, about 4 acres or so, is pretty hard to get to with a bush hog, so I've been letting it grow back in trees.  Mostly sweet gums, some oaks and some hickories. 
Quill

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 01:47:05 PM »

Already am.  80 acres.  Got two ponds and a creek cuts through one corner.  Back corner, about 4 acres or so, is pretty hard to get to with a bush hog, so I've been letting it grow back in trees.  Mostly sweet gums, some oaks and some hickories. 

You da man.

What's over the next hill?
deerstalker

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 10:28:10 PM »

Sounds almost perfect.

For me (at this time in my life) though :

- Employment;

- Education; and

- Health care if it is ever needed

are the first priorities.

Never know maybe in 20 or 30 years an opportunity may present itself Huh? Wink Cheesy
Bill S

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 02:28:28 PM »

Retired military, farming, with a couple of part time jobs/hobbies.  Never married, so no extra expenses.  Except for the dogs.

High School, some college, continuing in areas that interest me. 

Health care is from being retired military.  Dental I have to pay for.

Screw waiting 20 or 30 years, I'll be too decrepit to do anything fun.
deerstalker

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 05:33:59 PM »

Retired military,.............

Ok 

Retirement is not on the cards for me  Smiley
vector001

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 07:15:29 PM »

Retired military,.............

Ok 

Retirement is not on the cards for me  Smiley

it's not for everyone.

my mom used to tell me not to burn my bridges. i still think it's a good idea. maybe i lack initiative.

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
Rooster

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 07:28:47 PM »

Retirement is good. After you've paid into your required Social Security Quarters and hopefully are able to collect a second retirement check from other employment, you've fulfilled your responsibilities as a responsible American citizen. If it suites you and it does me, sometimes when asked what I do, I don't mind saying "as little as possible." I'm almost 70 years old and paid into SS for 40 years. Lord willing, U.T. and S.S. will just keep the checks coming. You earn them.

Rooster
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:30:18 PM by Rooster » Logged

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
vector001

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 07:33:42 PM »

Retirement is good. After you've paid into your required Social Security Quarters and hopefully are able to collect a second retirement check from other employment, you've fulfilled your responsibilities as a responsible American citizen. If it suites you and it does me, sometimes when asked what I do I don't mind saying "as little as possible." I'm almost 70 years old and paid into SS for 40 years. Lord willing, U.T. and S.S. will just keep the checks coming. You earn them.

Rooster

what a quaint perspective of economics.

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
deerstalker

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 07:39:18 PM »

my mom used to tell me not to burn my bridges.

Good advice, change is unavoidable and often unpredictable, but for now I can't imagine not not working.

My father mostly worked 7 days per week, as did I.

I now don't go to the office most weekends.

On weekends it's grandchild minding or helping friends / family with trade work etc.

Of course no one's health lasts forever so we'll see.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:53:26 PM by deerstalker » Logged
Rooster

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 08:33:06 PM »

Retirement is good. After you've paid into your required Social Security Quarters and hopefully are able to collect a second retirement check from other employment, you've fulfilled your responsibilities as a responsible American citizen. If it suites you and it does me, sometimes when asked what I do I don't mind saying "as little as possible." I'm almost 70 years old and paid into SS for 40 years. Lord willing, U.T. and S.S. will just keep the checks coming. You earn them.

Rooster

what a quaint perspective of economics.

vec

The KISS principal never fails, Vec.

Rooster

deerstalker

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2017, 08:52:00 PM »

There's still time Rooster, you could start a business, marry, sire a family.......... all backed by your pensions & lifetime of experience Huh?  Smiley
deerstalker

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 09:17:10 PM »

Screw waiting 20 or 30 years, I'll be too decrepit to do anything fun.

We all come up with our own solution, for me it's work (which provides financial security), family & friends that take priority.

Working in the commercial world keeps me engaged (especially with people younger than myself), technologically up to date and is inflation proof.

I'd prefer more physical work but it generally doesn't pay as well.

To each his own, your place sounds idyllic   
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting