October 23, 2017, 05:23:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ziryab  (Read 148 times)
deerstalker

« on: October 01, 2017, 04:21:55 AM »

from Andalusia, known as a polymath, with knowledge in astronomy, geography, meteorology, botanics, cosmetics, culinary art and fashion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziryab

http://www.muslimheritage.com/article/ziryab

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Andalus
Bill S

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:26:57 AM »

That guy was busy.
deerstalker

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 09:28:11 PM »

It's interesting to look at the Arab world as it was ...............

Smiley
Bill S

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 09:40:30 AM »

Best mathematicians, doctors, musicians, architects, explorers and a whole bunch more while they were kicking the world's butt. 

Then the Mongols invaded.
vector001

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 07:40:32 PM »

Best mathematicians, doctors, musicians, architects, explorers and a whole bunch more while they were kicking the world's butt. 

they only had those because they kicked others' butts and took all those craftsmen.

i would've been a Muslim if not for my unnatural ability to illustrate, which the Quran proscribes as a practice.

and bacon.

Muslim men have got it made.

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
deerstalker

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 02:42:50 AM »

Seems like the rest of the world is becoming increasingly toxic for many males IMO Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:49:09 AM by deerstalker » Logged
Rooster

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 09:36:37 AM »

Seems like the rest of the world is becoming increasingly toxic for many males IMO Roll Eyes

And dangerous if you live in the wrong geographic location, ie Syria, or Afghanistan and although I hate to say it, mass gatherings, but I think I'll wear my Infidel baseball cap today.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
vector001

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 02:55:20 PM »

And dangerous if you live in the wrong geographic location, ie Syria, or Afghanistan and although I hate to say it, mass gatherings, but I think I'll wear my Infidel baseball cap today.

Rooster

false.

they have really solid rules of conduct.

that means they can be gamed. and they are gamed. - quite economically.

one of my early mentors was a CIA jew, you could spot his jewishness from over the horizon he was such a big unapologetic jew - he lived in AFGHANISTAN for thirty years. from before the Russian invasion, to after the American one. - that's unlikely, given modern preconceptions about what violent muslims will do to jews. (he taught me a lot.)

if the world ever really pissed me off, i'd move to the Middle East and take over Eurasia.

anything with lots of force, and narrow focus, can be turned with minimal effort. that's a simple description of the Muslim world. especially compared to other religious groups.

leverage isn't just a physical principle, it's a psychological control factor.

every time you see a celebration of progressive virtues, gay pride, trangender, and such on TV, ten little kids in the muslim world get a shiny new AK47.

we are growing this war.

no me importa.

every buddy's welcome at my house. they either bring something, or they become something. like dog food.

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
Rooster

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 08:25:37 PM »

I see and don't disagree with your perspective at all. What I did was substitute the word dangerous for toxic and meant that on a personal level, I know nothing of middle eastern customs. I don't speak Arabic, any of the dialects of the Sunni's or Shia's. The same with the Turks or the Syrians. Plus I'm too old to think that I can fool large numbers of people, if I ever could. I'd be abduction bait or accused of being an American spy and have my head cut off in some propaganda video. Maybe I'm wrong, but for me, to be left off in the Middle East alone would be a very dangerous place.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
deerstalker

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 08:40:30 PM »

And dangerous if you live in the wrong geographic location,....................

Yes, but that's a different issue in my mind .............

I was referring to some of the political issues bubbling away in the western world, the US in particular where the men that built America's infrastructure thereby creating an affluent society full of opportunity are now in many cases being marginalized IMO.

Sure there have been mistakes and environmental costs, but because of that imperfect foundation we have gained the knowledge & the tools (excavators) to tidy up any loose ends as they appear.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 08:52:09 PM by deerstalker » Logged
deerstalker

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 10:30:17 PM »

if the world ever really pissed me off, i'd move to the Middle East and take over Eurasia.

There's those Genghis genes surfacing again Vec Wink Cheesy
Rooster

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 09:23:13 AM »

I surely agree with the marginalization, the football issue arises DS and Lord only knows who those people are and you can't help but wonder "how thankless can they become." We're consumers and will continue to be, unless Mother Nature gets enough and just naturally destroys us to preserve  herself.

Rooster

And dangerous if you live in the wrong geographic location,....................

Yes, but that's a different issue in my mind .............

I was referring to some of the political issues bubbling away in the western world, the US in particular where the men that built America's infrastructure thereby creating an affluent society full of opportunity are now in many cases being marginalized IMO.

Sure there have been mistakes and environmental costs, but because of that imperfect foundation we have gained the knowledge & the tools (excavators) to tidy up any loose ends as they appear.

Rooster

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 09:27:25 AM »

Not hugely important, but I apologize again for messing up my post. I have a new computer and it's not reacting like the old one did. I will follow Bill's advice and use the modify choice.

Rooster
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:29:04 AM by Rooster » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting