November 19, 2017, 08:16:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canteen Cup  (Read 249 times)
Rooster

« on: September 06, 2017, 10:38:40 PM »

I bought a second USGI surplus canteen cup today. The one I use right now has the butterfly handles and this second one is one of the old school cups with the L shaped handle. I've heard several comments over the past few years, that some folks like the old style better, so I'm gonna give one a try. I'm actually kind of excited.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Dodys

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:59:58 PM »

Check out Survival Resources.com on the web,the owner is John McCann,he has some darned good ideas/inventions he has came up with regarding the canteen cup with the L-handle.Most if not All of dirt timers are/were/would be customers of Survival Resources,at one time or another & a lot of the stuff sold there is very durable! Be a careful shopper, the gear can be addicting!  Wink
Rooster

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 12:52:01 AM »

I haven't hurt myself, but John and Denise (she's as nice as she can be) have gotten a couple of bucks off of me every now and then. He sells plastic waterproof vials that will hold a bill, I usually carry a twenty, folded 4 ways wrapped around the inside of the vial with 4 or 5 Lucky's in the middle. That way I can always pick up a little something if I need to and I've got a couple of extra smokes. I was just over there looking and talked myself out of his pack grill.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
deerstalker

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 03:21:13 AM »

Haven't found a cup yet Huh?

https://www.survivalresources.com/water/Water-Containers/
deerstalker

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 03:22:58 AM »

Found 'em 

https://www.survivalresources.com/cooking/Cookware/
deerstalker

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 03:25:50 AM »

More 

http://www.lostwildoutdoors.com/store/c6/Cooking.html
Rooster

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 11:55:11 AM »

I'll add another name, County Comm, interesting gear and they have gotten a little of my money too.

Rooster

deerstalker

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 02:43:16 AM »

Still looking  Huh?

https://countycomm.com/collections/view-all-storage-products
Rooster

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 10:20:13 AM »

Go to www.armynavysales.com or US ebay and type in WWII L shaped handle canteen cup.

Rooster

Edited to add that mine is stamped US MECO ,but realize that there were numerous manufacturers of military equip. My point is that a genuine surplus GI canteen cup is going to be stamped by some US manufacturer. There are repops. which I had absolutely no interest in.

Rooster
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:39:59 PM by Rooster » Logged

deerstalker

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 07:58:20 PM »

http://www.armynavysales.com/field-gear-canteens.aspx?pg=2

I have both styles, I think I prefer the L to the D Undecided
deerstalker

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 08:20:30 PM »

these are stylish........... Cool

http://www.armynavysales.com/products/swiss-m18/40-helmet/
Quill

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 07:16:48 AM »

My canteen and cup are stainless steel. My canteen lid is detachable. For that matter so is the cork on my old British porcelain canteen. Grin

What's over the next hill?
Rooster

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »

I use a lid from Pathfinder, fits good enough and I like it.

Rooster

Combat-Trout

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 06:54:01 AM »

I've got on with the butterfly handles, a heavy cover, and a canteen shop stove. All in all it's a bit heavy but bullet proof. I use it more in the winter, good setup.

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting