November 19, 2017, 08:23:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all Hoodlums  (Read 512 times)
deerstalker

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 08:59:06 PM »

....... he has a right to voice his experience.

I think so, although I don't see any value in personal attacks.

I came here via Hoods, as did many and have no gripe with anyone on either site, but I did see some of what happened there (from the sidelines) and I understand, in general terms, what caused the ill will.

It is sad to see two groups with so much in common split, but ..........it is what it is, and I guess people are free to choose. Sad Undecided

deerstalker

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2017, 09:00:37 PM »

dropping this now no need to kick a dead horse...   

Combat-Trout

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 08:27:57 AM »

Sigh, can we let this one go before it does more damage? People change and move on, can we move on?

I miss the discussions of skills and knowledge, we don’t get that much these days. Seems like we’re stuck with current events and “stuff” to buy. Is it just internet overload? To much information and to many people trying to spin it? Don’t know... but we shouldn’t be fighting amongst ourselves.

My son asked if there would be another DT meeting, I told him no, we’ve lost that momentum.

I don’t know what happened before, but can we not let it ruin what we have left?

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Rooster

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2017, 12:56:31 PM »

Moving on for me is just getting up in the morning knowing that you guys will be there, with some kind of information, opinion, or thoughts about something. I crave knowing what the other fellow thinks and DT provides that opportunity, plus we are allowed to agree, disagree or add our own 2-bits worth in a gentlemanly fashion.
 I probably still wouldn't have a TLC if not for DT. But this forum woke me up and opened my eyes that due to world circumstances, and more importantly under normal conditions, it was obviously foolish not to be armed, prepared to defend oneself and one's fellow man. The Shepard Rule. DT gets credit.
 And third, we just got blasted by a Cat. 4 hurricane. RP/F is pretty well devastated, although we're coming back. In a small irony, in that just a couple of weeks before Harvey hit, and in large part due to conversations and bouncing ideas off of fellow DT members, I bought a generator, two jerry cans and an second quality water container. I was just about as well prepared as one can be. The support, ideas and opinions from DT members, helped me put together an evacuation plan and since I didn't loose my house,  enable me to move back down here and survive. Again, a large amount of credit goes to Dirttime.

So, I hope that I've expressed myself well enough that the DT membership understand what this forum means to me. I won't entertain the thought of the lack of it. I just won't do it.

Rooster
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:13:02 PM by Rooster » Logged

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Quill

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2017, 02:45:41 PM »

I miss the discussions of skills and knowledge, we don’t get that much these days. Seems like we’re stuck with current events and “stuff” to buy.

Amen brother. I have been on a lot of forums that turn me off including Hoods. Not any more than BushcraftUSA and many others. I just don't jibe well with many.

What's over the next hill?
vector001

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2017, 04:35:23 PM »

I miss the discussions of skills and knowledge, we don’t get that much these days. Seems like we’re stuck with current events and “stuff” to buy.

Amen brother. I have been on a lot of forums that turn me off including Hoods. Not any more than BushcraftUSA and many others. I just don't jibe well with many.

ah HA! - now now you see there?! ...you are part of the problem!

(jump in! the mud is fine!)

Grin Grin Grin

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
Quill

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2017, 04:53:46 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

vec

I am not part of the problem because I left. That makes me part of the solution.

What's over the next hill?
vector001

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2017, 05:12:19 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

vec

I am not part of the problem because I left. That makes me part of the solution.

you can't leave here until you pay your dues.

....otherwise, no merit badge!

vec

Contact -

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2017, 07:14:37 PM »

now at last this is getting funny...  

part of the problem... Dude...  cuz iam the problem...

nuthin from nuthin leaves nuthin
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:00:02 PM by Dude McLean » Logged

I have been where the hand of man has never set foot...
I'm not in  here with you , you are in here with me!...
 Of course I'm out of my mind , it's dark and scary in there...
Be a DirtBag and Fill it by Owning the Skills...
http://dirttimedude.blogspot.com visit my blog
"I have sat in the front row of hell and spit in the devils eye, first the right then the left.
 I have lived my life in such a manner that when I roll out of bed in the morning and my feet hit the floor , the devils reaction is .. oh shit!!.. he's awake!!!.
vector001

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2017, 07:53:30 PM »

i am going to make a T-Shirt that says "I am the Problem!" on it.

patent pending!

Roll Eyes

vec

Contact -

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
Combat-Trout

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2017, 08:00:52 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

vec

vec

Damnit, let’s not get started on merit badges again.... 

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
vector001

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2017, 11:10:20 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

vec

vec

okay, that does it, this is going into my report ....brother 'trout = one beer demerit.

will you please stop being so deplorable....

vec

Contact -

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
deerstalker

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2017, 04:58:40 AM »

I miss the discussions of skills and knowledge, we don’t get that much these days.

You can post anything you like Wink

But I think a lot of the initial subject matter got done to death & people ended up digging in to defend pre-determined ideologies Huh? Undecided Roll Eyes

If people aren't interested in a thread they don't respond or if they do the thread drifts .........which is all good IMO Smiley
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:21:44 AM by deerstalker » Logged
Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka
Lynch Mob

Redneck Iconoclast

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 11:36:03 PM »

No not nice, VEC. You're part of the fucking problem.

Truth be told, Dude also doesn't add anything to this shit bomb, other than more fucking bull shit.

I fully expect to be deleted (but not before I screen grab this shit bag of a post and those preceding it).

Again, WTF happened to DT
The only threads or posts I delete are spam or something egregiously insulting from a member to another. We're all big boys and if one of us posts some dumb shit, let it be a reminder…
HW would delete posts on a daily basis (when I was there) and essentially change history to make certain members look bad. I won't do that. FWIW, I miss you Alan. Pucker up...

Pacifism is the abdication of life.(™)
Civility is over-rated.(™)
The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea.
-Isak Dinesen.
Combat-Trout

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2017, 08:18:25 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

vec

vec

okay, that does it, this is going into my report ....brother 'trout = one beer demerit.

will you please stop being so deplorable....

vec

Hang on, I have a marketing idea... demerit badges...

Hell, if we all figure a way to meet up again, I’ll bring a couple bottles of good scotch...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting