November 19, 2017, 08:17:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Harvey's coming for dinner  (Read 823 times)
deerstalker

« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2017, 04:25:18 AM »

Everyone is doing it tough............ Sad

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/09/11/13/29/necker-island-richard-branson-hurricane-irma
Rooster

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »

I've got from Fox News and the Weather Channel that 5.9 million people are out of power, Jacksonville has record setting flooding, the Keys are devastated with a present humanitarian crisis, although trucks are making their way down and the Air Force was to fly in aid at first light. Also, I ask DT to give a minute to the memory of 911.

Rooster

Almost forgot that having made contact with one Keys resident, his request was "send more beer." Only in America.

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Rooster

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2017, 10:38:03 AM »

I've got from Fox News and the Weather Channel that 5.9 million people are out of power, Jacksonville has record setting flooding, the Keys are devastated with a present humanitarian crisis, although trucks are making their way down and the Air Force was to fly in aid at first light. Also, I ask DT to give a minute to the memory of 911.

Rooster

Almost forgot, that having made contact with one Keys resident, his request was "send more beer." Only in America.

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
deerstalker

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2017, 08:41:34 AM »

............."send more beer." Only in America.

Actually that's pretty much a universal response IMO  
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:30:44 AM by deerstalker » Logged
Bill S

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2017, 09:24:25 AM »

Did you guys know that Florida requires that all electric/phone lines be buried?  So, no telephone poles, anywhere in Florida.  That means the damage was pretty bad in some areas.  Or that a couple of power plants got taken out.  Haven't been able to find out which.  I'm going to guess that the lights come on in Florida quicker than they will in Texas, though.  This sounds sort of cold but Florida has a lot of experience getting smacked by hurricanes.

As far a effects where I am, we got record setting cooler temps, they broke records set in 1944.  Temps were down in the 60's with a 10 to 15 mile per hour breeze with humidity in the low 50's.  We also got about 3/8th inch of rain.  Long sleeve shirt weather.  Temps are supposed to be back to the mid to upper 80's by the weekend.  And humidity will depend on which direction the wind comes from.  If it's from the north and/or west, the humidity will start dropping quickly.
deerstalker

« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2017, 09:51:48 AM »

........... Florida has a lot of experience getting smacked by hurricanes.

They do, you'd think it would be almost routine  Huh?  Undecided
Bill S

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2017, 04:45:04 PM »

They just came off the longest stretch of not getting hit since they started keeping records in 1847.

Plus, I think they down play what happens, their primary sources of income are tourism and retirement communities.
deerstalker

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2017, 08:54:46 AM »

They just came off the longest stretch of not getting hit ............

This is interesting, though not totally up to date.......... Smiley

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/one-hundred-years-of-hurricanes/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/2016/live-updates/weather/hurricane-matthew-churns-up-florida-georgia-south-carolina-coast-as-a-category-3/?utm_term=.9eaea1c72e6d
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:57:58 AM by deerstalker » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting