October 23, 2017, 02:40:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought a TV  (Read 134 times)
Rooster

« on: August 05, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »

I bought a new TV yesterday from Sears, (I have a Sears credit card). It's a sm. Samsung J4000 with a 32 in. screen. My old tube type Sony is dying, it's 12 yrs. old and the picture will go blk for four or five seconds and then come back on, go blk. and come back on, over and over again. The picture tube on my Sony is only 26 1/2 in so a 32 in. screen is big enough for me. Pretty good reviews off of Google and $140.00 which looks good according to what I found on Google. This post reminds me that I've got to have a conversation with it about my appreciation for products with a ten year life span and if it falls short of that expectation, I could pull an Elvis on it. You gotta stay on top of this stuff, you know.

Rooster
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:25:10 AM by Rooster » Logged

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Drivebytrucker

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 01:14:33 PM »

You can an Elvis on the old one and test out your .45 on it.
Rooster

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »

Center mass on a 26 in. TV screen. Set a target practice precedent.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Drivebytrucker

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »

Now you can watch all the Al Jazeera Network and Sex and the City re-runs you want.   Wink

Ok ok...Fox News Network. Maybe some Weather Channel now and again to keep you updated.

deerstalker

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 09:02:21 PM »

I bought a new TV yesterday from Sears,...........

Definitely sounding like an early Christmas .......... or was it your birthday Rooster?

Rooster

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 07:36:04 AM »

The old one was just almost worn out DS, 12 yrs. old and a tube type TV. Audio fine, but 6 or 7 secs. of picture and and then the screen would go completely blk. for 6 or 7 sec, that process repeated itself constantly, as long as the TV was on. The old Sony had lost power in it's audio volume, I had to scroll the volume control up to 100% and sometimes it still wasn't loud enough. Plus, it had no HD. It was aggravating and not very enjoyable at best. The new one has noticeably better clarity, definition, and it's brighter. It has HD and I can run the volume at about 2/3 power for comfortable listening. Maybe too much info, but my kitchen, dining and living rooms are all open to each other, so when I'm up, I have a lg. ceiling fan in the living room, one in the dining, a 12,000 btu window AC and a Kenmore air cleaner that I use 24/7. If I'm cooking, you have to add the vent fan in the hood over the stove. They can all be running at the same time. I share that info. because when all of them are running, it's not noisy, but the sound is there. I could live with the lack of volume but screen blackout will drive you crazy. Plus, at only $140.00, it actually feels like a bargain, I thought I was going to have to spend a minimum of $300 of $400 dollars.

Rooster
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:07:26 PM by Rooster » Logged

deerstalker

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 07:52:51 AM »

at only $140.00, it actually feels like a bargain, .............

I'm sure it is........... Smiley

I must admit, I probably wouldn't have shown such restraint  Wink Cheesy
Combat-Trout

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 04:50:17 PM »

What is live tv like these days? Never mind, I don't want to know...

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Rooster

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 08:28:34 PM »

The news, if you can stand it in the first place, is cool sometimes because of the spontaneity, particularly if there is an "event " somewhere and they cut away to cover a developing story or the comments or opinions a guest may offer for the first time. And I like a good MMA fight, there are some real athletes that participate and there is a brutality to it, 4 to 6 oz. gloves, strikes with the elbow, foot kicks and all variations of jujitsu, wrestling and judo. Plus weight classes from about 135 up to 250 to 280 lbs. It's a big money sport now.

Rooster

deerstalker

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 04:08:07 AM »

What is live tv like these days?

Pretty good in parts, pretty awful at times too ............ just like many other aspects of life Wink Cheesy
Combat-Trout

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 09:52:05 PM »

The news, if you can stand it in the first place, is cool sometimes because of the spontaneity, particularly if there is an "event " somewhere and they cut away to cover a developing story or the comments or opinions a guest may offer for the first time. And I like a good MMA fight, there are some real athletes that participate and there is a brutality to it, 4 to 6 oz. gloves, strikes with the elbow, foot kicks and all variations of jujitsu, wrestling and judo. Plus weight classes from about 135 up to 250 to 280 lbs. It's a big money sport now.

Rooster

Hell, if I want to watch a fight I just cruise downtown... it's free and 3D...

But being UT it's only on the weekends...

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting