December 12, 2017, 09:51:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: James Comey  (Read 385 times)
Rooster

« on: May 09, 2017, 06:17:18 PM »

Director of the FBI, James Comey, has been fired by Pres. Trump due to the recommendations of Att. Gen Jeff. Sessions and Deput. Att. Gen. Rod Rosenstein. Fox News This news is a big surprise to almost everyone in Washington and since the different branches of government are in the process of investigating investigations that have been investigated, maybe some clarity and leadership can be brought to bear within the FBI.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Combat-Trout

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 11:57:16 PM »

Oh my, someone finally read his testimony and figured he's been creative???

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Bill S

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 08:44:03 AM »

He covered Clinton and Trump has been looking for an excuse to dump him.  Of course, if Clinton had won, she would have been looking for a reason to dump him, too.

And it's not his integrity, he doesn't have any, it's because he won't stay bought.  Neither side could trust him.
Combat-Trout

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »

Good points! And he really should be glad just to be fired and not suicided!

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Drivebytrucker

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 01:37:46 AM »

I'm all for draining the swamp but I hope things stabilize for our sake.
Rooster

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 11:45:29 AM »

It's been mentioned by the "pundits" on the news networks that he seems to operate well around division or divisiveness. As he was in business and now is as Pres., he is in charge, leaving what the people beneath his position do and say relegated to almost immateriality. The news does say he is tired of the "Russian connection" business, but he's still sitting in the boat while everybody else is wading around with the snapping turtles and alligators.
And they say it's not a conscious way of being, that's just who Pres. Trump is.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Rooster

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 07:15:24 PM »

Comey has agreed to testify before an open Intel Senate hearing sometime after Memorial Day. I wonder if he develops selective memory syndrome and bet that although the Ring leader is out abroad, the high wire act will be there along with the clowns, but what about the elephant act, the lions and the trick ponies. Good luck to the USA.

Rooster

Quill

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 09:02:58 PM »

I believe they subpoenaed his extensive notes from meetings. As ugly as that could be the trying to blackmail him would be worse. I  believe if I were in a tenuous job I would keep exacting and prolific notes. Such a thing could get you dead, but being alive without them would be worse unless you want to just be one of the gang. I would be a nervous politician if I had pushed him into anything because he would have written it down. May not convict you in court, but the fallout would serious.  As for Comey, publisher's will be ready to pony up for a book.

What's over the next hill?
Bill S

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 08:40:57 AM »

His notes from a meeting.  OKAAAAAAAY  And that's admissible or proof of what?  Do the little doodles count?  How about his notes to himself to stop by the store on the way home from work? 

How do they know that he hasn't been busy whipping up more notes that prove he was mistreated by Trump?

This is garbage. 
Quill

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 10:34:23 AM »

Depends on how exhaustive his notes are. I  believe they would be evidence if he was dead. For all I know, he might of pulled a J Edgar and recorded some. Would you think the notes were gospel if it was Clinton instead of Trump? Look at how many murders they are supposed to have committed with no evidence. It's time all politicians were held equally accountable. After the last campaign all politicians that made accusations should of had the brains to step very carefully.

Combat-Trout

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 09:07:27 PM »

For a lot of those meetings he'd have to have registered his notes as being classified, and if he recorded them that'd be a go directly to jail charge...

It's sad how many people don't understand how that world works. Along the same line line, you can't do anything to trump for classified, because it's his order that deems what is and isn't... hell, he can even release the Kennedy papers now.. and the moon landing film from Burbank, and the alien autopsy, and the Gillian Anderson sex tape... ok, I made up the last one but a guy can dream right??? 

Quill

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 11:02:07 PM »

I guess we will see how it is played out in court, the press and public opinion. Sadly all the things he used on Hillary to say she couldn't do the job are coming back to haunt him. He I playing for the faithful, get rid of their pet peeve projects such as medicade, planned parenthood along with public radio and television. They will take it all because its wasted and give to the military that never wastes money. In the process straining the knat while guzzling the Camel is okay. I  see it as the leaders can sell out the country as long as accomplish what the faithful desire. Welfare money should be handed to business or the Pentagon because wasting money is fine as long it is not peasant rabble.
As to Public Television and the many shows I have watched.
This Old House
Ask This Old House
New Yankee Workshop
The Woodright
Motor week
Masterpiece Theater
The covering of the state's history,  some cooking shows, built on agriculture.

I  don't see much of liberal TV. Are there some I don't care for yeah. That is every station. There is more here than other channels. Most would like to get more programing like the BBC. The BBC would not exist if it was in the USA.

deerstalker

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 06:31:59 AM »

It's sad how many people don't understand how that world works.

I think so
Quill

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 09:03:18 AM »

My understanding is the swamp isn't being drained. 3 of Trump's appointees contributed over a million dollars each. Lobbyists can still exist,  just call themselves consultants. Somewhere between 9 and 12 of his campaign people are now lobbyists / consultants. Now the industry insiders that help with government projects don't have to register nor does the president post their names on the website for that. Is this much different than that scum Rod Blagojevich trying to sell the Senate seat?

Combat-Trout

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 07:10:37 AM »

My understanding is the swamp isn't being drained. 3 of Trump's appointees contributed over a million dollars each. Lobbyists can still exist,  just call themselves consultants. Somewhere between 9 and 12 of his campaign people are now lobbyists / consultants. Now the industry insiders that help with government projects don't have to register nor does the president post their names on the website for that. Is this much different than that scum Rod Blagojevich trying to sell the Senate seat?

The system is broken, and while I think he had opportunity, overall, it's failed...

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting