August 17, 2017, 04:43:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Truck barrier  (Read 196 times)
deerstalker

« on: May 08, 2017, 07:20:48 AM »

don't try this at home Roll Eyes

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/05/08/07/22/truck-hits-crash-barrier
Quill

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 10:08:16 AM »

Well it works.  Grin

What's over the next hill?
Rooster

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 02:16:01 PM »

I wouldn't mind a couple of those at each end of my street. Cool

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
oldgeekster1

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 01:13:16 PM »

Operational Test & Evaluation (OpTev) Report:

Exceeded expectations - cleared for full production.

Drivebytrucker

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 01:57:29 PM »

That seemed really amature to me. It looked exactly like the concrete barriers we already have except maybe the shape was different as it appeared to be a triangle shape with the bottom end concave (so not technically a triangle and possibly not even a polygon) so as to allow it to roll under the truck as opposed to being pushed asside. Sure, it worked for that one test. Who knows how it works on a truck that is lowered or with a long metal bar welded to the front and slightly lower then the bumper to push the thing forward. It seems like they could have put more thought into how they tested it without injury.
deerstalker

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 03:35:31 AM »

It seems like they could have put more thought into how they tested it without injury.

Yes.............they could 

I can't imagine what the driver thought would happen
Combat-Trout

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 10:06:26 PM »

That seemed really amature to me. It looked exactly like the concrete barriers we already have except maybe the shape was different as it appeared to be a triangle shape with the bottom end concave (so not technically a triangle and possibly not even a polygon) so as to allow it to roll under the truck as opposed to being pushed asside. Sure, it worked for that one test. Who knows how it works on a truck that is lowered or with a long metal bar welded to the front and slightly lower then the bumper to push the thing forward. It seems like they could have put more thought into how they tested it without injury.

Counter measures have to be thought up along with each advancement, it's how we stay ahead of the curve.

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Rooster

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 10:23:18 PM »

I think we have a new job for criminal illegal aliens.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Bill S

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 09:01:27 AM »

Video won't play for me.  Bummer.

Problem with barriers is that they can be planned for.

Then you just go around them.  Or blow one up and then drive the truck through the gap.

Then they will help keep the victims in.  Just sayin'...
deerstalker

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 05:43:06 PM »

Problem with barriers is that they can be planned for.

That applies to all fixed defenses IMO Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maginot_Line

But planning works for both sides.............. Cool
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 05:45:03 PM by deerstalker » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting