June 26, 2017, 03:47:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sere 2000  (Read 337 times)
Rooster

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 09:29:52 AM »

I've learned, since buying the Mar, that it was designed by Mar, Special Forces, Vietnam and POW Col. Nick Rowe, also Special Forces in Nam.

These are the ones I remember.........

http://s881.photobucket.com/user/SERE_photos/media/Singels/Al%20Mar/SEREAttack3002a_Up.jpg.html

I've never handled one, I've wanted one, but they are heck for heavy and from what I can find, are going for about $500.00 a piece. That's up in the Sebenza and Hinderer category, both of which are really good knives.

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vaya con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Quill

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 10:11:57 AM »

Jeff Randall gives some solid knife reviews. So does Terry Trier or as I call him Doc Hoodoo.

A good sword can shock you when you first handle it. You think it would be heavy like a club but it isn't. It is also well balanced and can feel alive.

Don't think hard about flint knives and other easy to come by cutting tools or it will ruin your knife purchasing.  Look at vec, Dude, me and others. All the sudden you become practical about them.

What's over the next hill?
Rooster

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 02:52:44 PM »

I picked up the Al Mar this afternoon, very nice knife, razor sharp VG-10 blade and the blade is centered upon closing, good texture on the G-10 slabs, and a true deep carry pocket clip. Liner lock without the opening studs being too big and no blade play when opened. It's growing on me and probably a better quality knife for a little over $200.00.
I may go hunt zombies this afternoon.

Rooster
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 09:41:21 PM by Rooster » Logged

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Allen Jensen

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 05:35:59 PM »

The original SERE folder was a little to large for my likes, but the SERE 2000 and 4" SERE Operator are both a good size for me. They hold an edge well and the folder is still solid after more than 5 years of hard use.

"It is only when you stop beliving wild animals think and act like humans that you can really hear what nature is trying to say. She is violent and without conscience; but more beautiful than anything humans can create in this life." AJ

“Men of intemperate minds can never be free.   Their passions forge their fetters.” -Edmund Burke
Rooster

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 11:17:54 AM »

The SERE 2000 is a good size for me too and thank's for the info. about their dependability. I've had Dozier's folders work loose (slight amount of blade play when open) over time and you can send them back and they will tighten them back up but it was disappointing to me to have a $500.00 knife that was susceptible to wear. I should have known better, moving parts, lateral stress etc.

Rooster

scottman

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »

Bite eating comment on high price folders.....
Allen Jensen

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 12:15:28 AM »

Those are Medium priced folders! Much cheaper than snowmobiling. 😋

"It is only when you stop beliving wild animals think and act like humans that you can really hear what nature is trying to say. She is violent and without conscience; but more beautiful than anything humans can create in this life." AJ

“Men of intemperate minds can never be free.   Their passions forge their fetters.” -Edmund Burke
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting