October 22, 2017, 08:40:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heirloom Corn Varieties  (Read 244 times)
Quill

« on: April 10, 2017, 05:16:02 PM »

Good list. I am going to grow a few stalks this year.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/heirloom-corn-varieties-zewz1307zpit#Black_Mexican_Corn

What's over the next hill?
Combat-Trout

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »

Good luck, everything I've tried has been crossbred by monsanto and turned into funky nonedible things. There are to many people around me that plant hybrids... perhaps if I grew them in a greenhouse. I'd love to hear that you have better results. 

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Quill

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »

There are not as many cornfields here and none within at least 5 miles of me. The feed mill is close I don't think it will have corn pollen.  But you're right. Even deep in Mexico it has caused problems. That is because people will throw out kernels of corn as a ritual or something. Of course it doesn't produce a crop but those bought kernels will grow enough to pollinate and ruin the native corn. There needs to be a large effort to sue Monsanto for destroying seeds. So far they sue everyone that sells seed that have been infected by their GMO and win. The lawsuit needs to be modified to Monsanto ruining pure seed strains. As far as I am concerned they might as well be guilty of dumping chemical waste on people's land without asking.

vector001

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 11:13:26 PM »

There are not as many cornfields here and none within at least 5 miles of me. The feed mill is close I don't think it will have corn pollen.  But you're right. Even deep in Mexico it has caused problems. That is because people will throw out kernels of corn as a ritual or something. Of course it doesn't produce a crop but those bought kernels will grow enough to pollinate and ruin the native corn. There needs to be a large effort to sue Monsanto for destroying seeds. So far they sue everyone that sells seed that have been infected by their GMO and win. The lawsuit needs to be modified to Monsanto ruining pure seed strains. As far as I am concerned they might as well be guilty of dumping chemical waste on people's land without asking.

who are the people in Monsanto?

always thought it would be logical to hunt them down in Kuai, for starters, that's where Monsanto's power matrix meets.

lots of weirdness in Hawaii nowadays.

and soon, New Zealand.

and Ukraine.

....popcorn can't be genetically modifed for some reason.... 

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
Quill

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 10:54:53 AM »

Start with corporate vice presidents. I think companies make large vice-president pools to let them try to outdo each other for next step on the ladder. They also the pool that will sell out anything or anyone to get a head. Monsanto is the worst because they want to control the food supply. Corporations that want to control air, food or water are the worst of the worst.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting