April 29, 2017, 12:23:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: new Sako rifle.......  (Read 247 times)
deerstalker

« on: March 18, 2017, 09:12:54 PM »

.......for the Canadian Rangers

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/here-it-is-the-new-sako-rifle-for-the-canadian-rangers

vector001

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 11:56:45 PM »

good rifle.

i like the similar, Ruger American in .308.

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
Quill

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:03:13 AM »

good rifle.

i like the similar, Ruger American in .308.

vec

What's over the next hill?
Bill S

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:24:07 AM »

What's amazing, is over in Greenland, (I think, it might be Norway or Finland, some-damnwhere anyways) the M1917 Enfield is still being used.  Basically for the same reason the MkIV was being used in Canada, reliable and powerful rifle capable of taking out large animals in addition to enemy soldiers.
vector001

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 04:45:29 PM »

What's amazing, is over in Greenland, (I think, it might be Norway or Finland, some-damnwhere anyways) the M1917 Enfield is still being used.  Basically for the same reason the MkIV was being used in Canada, reliable and powerful rifle capable of taking out large animals in addition to enemy soldiers.

the "no spare parts" excuse in the article made my BS alarm clang.

vec

Contact -

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
Bill S

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 07:31:21 PM »

I sort of wonder just how many were made?  You would think that maybe someone would buy up a couple of thousand and sock them away for a rainy day.  And they are still being made in India.  In .308.
deerstalker

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 06:10:01 AM »

Don't tell my wife, whatever you do Wink
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:43:58 AM by deerstalker » Logged
Quill

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 10:41:32 AM »

Don't tell my wife, whatever you do Wink

Yeah that is always a good excuse to buy new. It's not like it is hard to make parts. Go to the Philippines with a gun and tell them to make new parts. Pretty soon whole new rifles would appear out of the jungle for sale.

What's over the next hill?
Bill S

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 07:52:17 PM »

For a Mk IV?  Do you have any idea how many millions of those suckers were made?  They are still showing up at gun shows in pristine condition.

I have to agree with Vec, the new rifle is handier that the Mk IV and probably lighter and takes a scope easier and that the Mk IV probably needed to be replaced but the reason of "no spare parts" is garbage.
scottman

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 01:22:46 AM »

How hard is it to rebarrel an enfield compared to something like a savage ? I know nothing of my enfield barrel replacement
deerstalker

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 03:23:52 AM »

For a Mk IV?  Do you have any idea how many millions of those suckers were made?

I suspect they were No 4 Mk1s  Huh? Undecided

In which case guzillions were manufactured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee%E2%80%93Enfield

The Sako would be far more accurate out of the box IMO
Rooster

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 09:41:12 AM »

Does anybody have any reports as to how the accuracy compares to a Ruger Scout rifle?

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio,..Americano

Vaya con dios mi amigos en la fe
Combat-Trout

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 12:34:10 PM »

Does anybody have any reports as to how the accuracy compares to a Ruger Scout rifle?

Rooster

Looks like a handy rifle. Been looking for something like that. I like the American rifle too, but I wish they'd have used Aics mags instead of their proprietary stuff and make the factory rail be Picatiny...

I can't imagine there'd be much of a difference for a given barrel length. Though sako has a good reputation as a big game rifle and the scout is designed for closer engagement. Honestly, I don't think either rifle would be the limiting accuracy factor...

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
vector001

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 05:43:14 PM »

Rooster

Looks like a handy rifle. Been looking for something like that. I like the American rifle too, but I wish they'd have used Aics mags instead of their proprietary stuff and make the factory rail be Picatiny...

Optics Planet sells a specialty picatinny for the Ruger Murican!, Sun Optics brand IIRC.

only 13 smacks. - they make a bunch for shotguns as well.

vec

Contact -

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
Combat-Trout

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 05:55:52 PM »

Rooster

Optics Planet sells a specialty picatinny for the Ruger Murican!, Sun Optics brand IIRC.

only 13 smacks. - they make a bunch for shotguns as well.

vec

Sure, only 13, but now I have to buy another rifle!

As long as the redhead doesn't find out I should be ok...

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting