October 25, 2014, 08:01:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: please read regarding DT09  (Read 1374 times)
Alan Halcon
Lynch Mob

« on: December 21, 2009, 09:01:03 PM »

I know this is coming very late. And, while it has been 4 months since DT09, this is something that should have been done a long time ago.  

...There is no excuse other than to say Dirttime dropped the ball, and we are very sorry!

We read the posts and saw the pictures of the event. Folks commented and thank yous were exchanged between attendees. However, what wasn't done and wasn't acceptable was the lack of a thank you from Alan, Dude, and Christopher to all the sponsors and instructors.  

Survival Resources not only was very generous in their donations, they also provided all of the soft drinks and juices for everyone, along with all of the firewood. John McCann also participated as an instructor.  

Hoods Woods was also very generous in their donation and contributions. Ron Hood also gave of his time to participate as an instructor.  

Tops Knives and Raems (Remote Area Emergency Medical and Survival), while they didn't show up, were also very generous in their donations for the raffle.  

Vec Hawks dazzled the attendees with a generous offering of custom made Hawks for the raffle

Legacy knives also in attendance, was also generous, not only in their donations, but in their participation as the cooks for everyone.  

Anvilsmith donated an assortment of goodies to the raffle, goodies that brought a smile to the lucky recipients.  

Dave Canterbury came in as an instructor, but at the last minute jumped in as a donating sponsor, giving away some custom goodies from The Pathfinder School.

Scott Anderson was very giving of his time and generous  in his donations.

Jack Spirko provided a lot of support and promoted the event. Jack also was an instructor

Joe Dabill also donated items for the raffle and was busy teaching all week helping folks with bows.

Wilderness Way supported us and provided us with a vehicle to get the word out. We are grateful for being a part of the magazine.

And the rest of the instructors who weren't already mentioned;Sig Nubla, Mike Reagan, Dave Jaye, Web Crittenden, Kodiak Survival,  Jason deatherage, Tap, Dave W., Josh, Tony, Paul Campbell.

Aside from all mentioned, we had a tremendous support crew helping at every step of the way. Honestly, the support staff helps make this happen. We are indebted to you for all your help.

A great big thanks goes to all of those who attended. It is not only the honor and privilege of Dirttime to meet and greet all of you, but also that of the sponsors and instructors who were there in appreciation for all the support all of you have shown them.

Dirttime events are no more about Alan, Dude, and Christopher, as it is about the instructors and sponsors. Dirttime is a way we show appreciation to all of you for all the loyal support you have given everyone throughout the years.

Finally, from the Dirttime Team, we are grateful to the sponsors and instructors for not only giving up of their busy schedule, but also making the long journey to help support us.

From us to you we THANK YOU!

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 11:06:45 PM by Alan Halcon » Logged

pocomoonskyeyes

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:39:32 PM »

All I can say is WOW!! No wonder people flock from all over to attend these.It sounds as if you had a LOT of Talent AND a LOT of generosity. I really look forward to attending one in the future.Lots to learn,lots to meet,and if you're lucky in Raffles - sweet deals. Thanks Alan now I know what I'll be missing out on in DT10... bummer,for me - Good for those that will be attending. I'm actually at a loss for words!!! That's awesome!!

My #1 Priority is knowledge, ultimately it is the only thing you can take with you if you are stripped bare by a flash flood,hurricane or whatever. Everything can be taken away from you,except for what is contained by your own skin. So learning all you can is what it is all about,and ultimately why each of us is here. - Mel White
Christopher Nyerges
Lynch Mob

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:08:17 PM »

Alan! I second the motion!! 

All you boys who worked so hard to make Dirttime a great week experience deserve our thanks!  I did not get to talk to each of the instructors, but I found everyone very professional and helpful.  I appreciated Joe Dabill's non-stop efforts, with Sig's asssitance and their taking the time to help the slow learners (heck, that's what I am too).   And Ron and Karen Hood, thanks so much for your talks and mingling with the folk. 
John McCann, Canterbury, Spirko -- all wonderful top-notch presentations.
Scott was great, and he treated us all like fellow marines  Smiley
Wonderful presentation by Mike Reagan, where I learned a few new things.  Number Three was excellent and professional, and all the way from Canada too!
Tap was top notch, and Paul Campbell's presentation was perhaps the best I've seen on that trap.

And you Marines who taught tracking -- a well-structured presentation with a large crowd, and you did superb.

Thank you all and if it were in my power to bestow Sainthood on each of you, I would do so...

christopher

And I hope you liked my Christmasstory on my blog.
www.ChristopherNyerges.com
Kodiaksurvival

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 08:05:17 AM »

DT09 was a great team effort. It was a pleasure seeing folks from all backgrounds come together. I enjoyed many of the classes and the fire side chats. Many thanks to the sponsors.

CN,
I enjoyed reading your blog, thanks for taking the time to give a history lesson that needs to be told.

Kodiaksurvival
Christopher Nyerges
Lynch Mob

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 09:59:15 AM »

hey brother Kodiak, thanks for the comment. Keep in mind that I mean no disrespect to any religion, just trying to share the meaning of the day with a very broad brush. Hope all is well in the field...
Dude McLean
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 05:43:42 PM »

Ditto.... What has been said ...

We were shocked at our own damn selves..
 However we have no one else to blame, or name. Just us..

Thanks... Dude.... now coveringmyownsix<<<

MountainManIndy

My Road to Somewhere Else

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »

'twas an incredible week of getting 'down and dirty'...

As a participant:
1) it was AMAZING to see the collection of folks you were able to bring together
2) it was FABULOUS to meet, greet and learn from those that I first met thru their books, blogs, VHS tapes (ok aging myself a bit), and DVDs
3) it was even MORE THAN WORDS CAN DESCRIBE -  meeting all of those from all walks of life, from across the planet, willing to share, laugh, talk (sometimes to the wee hours), and learn from each other while playing in the 'dirt'...  Grin

'tis a credit to you three (Alan, Dude and Christopher) for getting it started and keeping it going; and it certainly speaks volumes for the intrepid Dirt Time Instructors, their skills, patience and teaching ability to take us further down the road into the world of self-reliance... 

"All that is necessary for the Truimph of Evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

If you read and speak English - thank a teacher. If you write and speak your mind - thank those who serve in the military.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If you want to be immortal - either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing about" - Ben Franklin ['or don't die' - Woody Allen]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting