October 22, 2017, 08:42:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Northern Lavvu?  (Read 2360 times)
Smithy

Walking Softly

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 10:35:16 PM »

Well, he's scandi heritage like me. I'm 1/4 Finn, and we invented Nokia and the SMS text just so we wouldn't have to talk to each other.  Cheesy

All things being equal, of course, good communication goes a long way towards good business and reputation. If the work is excellent, and he just had a couple bad weeks, I won't throw him under the bus for that.

Now if he printed the shipping label just to get me the link, and it still hasn't gone to a mail truck in a few days, we'll have words about it.

Christopher Price, proprietor, The Tidewater Forge
http://www.tidewaterforge.com
Quill

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 06:42:42 AM »

Now if he printed the shipping label just to get me the link, and it still hasn't gone to a mail truck in a few days, we'll have words about it.

A lot companies do that. Drives me crazy.

What's over the next hill?
Smithy

Walking Softly

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 11:44:07 PM »

Well, it's on the way. Should arrive Wednesday according to USPS. I'm satisfied.

deerstalker

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2017, 12:26:57 AM »

Combat-Trout

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2017, 06:12:23 AM »

A lot companies do that. Drives me crazy.

Yeah, had a bad experience with ranger up, got a few things in November as Christmas gifts, all in stock, they took the order and didn't ship anything until dec 23. All the while sending me daily emails about how they were shipping for Christmas. they had some fun stuff, but over priced if not on sale and their shipping/order handling  was unapologetically poor. Honestly, it would've been faster and cheaper to rip off their design and have it printed and shipped from china...

I hate it when a US company claims "support USA" and then charges more and doesn't provide the service or quality to back it up. In this case it's a veteran run company, so it's doubly disheartening.

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Smithy

Walking Softly

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2017, 09:21:50 PM »

Well, it arrived today, so I'm very happy. Need to make my poles now, and get it up this weekend.

deerstalker

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2017, 09:38:07 PM »

Well, it arrived today, ..........

Have fun & take pics
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting