April 29, 2017, 04:25:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Washing Clothes  (Read 664 times)
Hacksaw
Lynch Mob

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 09:54:34 AM »

In all my outdoor clothing experience, nothing beats wool. It just won't stink, and doesn't mind being wet. It might not be the sturdiest of materials but if you take good care of it, it takes good care of you. This year was very wet here so line drying my wool socks wasn't an option so I'd put them in the dryer on the extra low setting for a bit and simply put them away slightly damp...no shrinkage, no smell, no problem.

Wool is the only material that I'm happy to wear over and over when I have to. I could easily wear my wool socks many times before washing them as long as I aired them out once in a while. With a few pair to rotate, I could go a long time without washing them as long as they weren't directly soiled by something. I would never do that with my synthetics.
deerstalker

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 05:23:44 PM »

In all my outdoor clothing experience, nothing beats wool.

It just won't stink, and doesn't mind being wet.

I think it comes down to specifics............ Smiley

There's synthetics & then there's synthetics, as with wool I don't think you can generalize that broadly.

Wool is great, but so is this stuff & it's way tougher & doesn't smell (far as I can tell anyway).

http://www.swazi.co.nz/product-category/mens/

I suspect frequent washing is a bad idea.......... for outer wear anyway. Huh?

Christopher Nyerges
Lynch Mob

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 09:54:46 PM »

Believe it or not, in the april or may issue, 2017, of American Survival Guide, I'll have a much fuller article on this. Watch for it. You'll all enjoy it. I loved all the great ideas here.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting