March 22, 2017, 05:14:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: On Terrorism  (Read 1448 times)
Christopher Nyerges
Lynch Mob

« on: September 18, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »

Just posted "On Terrorism," an outline for an article that has not yet been written, for your thoughtful consideration.
Bill S

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 07:38:58 PM »

Most Muslims here in the US  are not real big believers in Sharia law.  And most are opposed to acts of violence in the name of their religion.  And most mosques are not hotbeds of Islamic radicalism.

However, just like Catholics and Protestants have their crazies, so do Muslims.  And while no one mentions the religion of any of the other crazies that kill people, if a Muslim does it, his religion becomes the center point of the article.  What religion was Jeffery Dahmer, for example.

My opinion is that our MSM wants to keep the people fragmented, divided and afraid.  We are easier to control that way and scared people tend to re elect a known politician. 

Most of the rest is spot on, most terrorists, with the exception of the crazies, tend to need organizations to support them and cheer them on.  If you get to know your neighbors, including the Muslim ones they become a lot less of an unknown.  And a community can spot an outsider.

All the common sense stuff is off the table when you deal with crazies, though.  And it only takes one or two in a city of a million to cause all sorts of hate and discontent, way out of proportion to their numbers...
Quill

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 10:28:01 PM »

Good points Bill. People have to have something to latch onto for blame and the old rally cry. Whether a religion, nationality or political party. A label needs to be attached with a blanket statement. If you lived in this area most vote Democrat and they can be liberal leaning. In their daily lives you can't tell till the preaching starts. Both parties will harvest their garden, fish, fruit and venison. They are different. Because they are in full understanding of what they feel holding the line. SO BASICALLY  They don't want to be the perceived left nor right. Just getting on with life.

What's over the next hill?
oldgeekster1

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 01:01:45 AM »

Dealing with Terrorism in the urban areas

Christopher, you do love a challenge. Wink

Glad to see you chose the setting to be "urban area".  Absolutely will be looking forward to reading the article, whenever and wherever published. 

Situation awareness requires a lot more work than simply opening one's eyes and learning how to watch, few folks even do that.  Know I will learn from this one, and once again you will provide the gift of making me THINK.

Christopher Nyerges
Lynch Mob

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 01:09:24 AM »

Again, what I shared was my outline-proposal to an article, and I think the editor was frightened away because it was too Islam-focused, but that's the slant I'd take.
I may write it yet -- we'll see. 
Rooster

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 02:13:14 AM »

Again, what I shared was my outline-proposal to an article, and I think the editor was frightened away because it was too Islam-focused, but that's the slant I'd take.
I may write it yet -- we'll see. 

If OG is the first vote, let me be the second for your completing an article on terrorism. Let me request that you give a little time and thought to the unhinged/unbalanced crazies, as I hope and pray that we will one day defeat Radical Islamic terrorism, yet the killer with an unsound mind will be with us indefinitely. I already know, it would be beneficial reading.

Hope you and the rest of DT are well,  Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio,..Americano

Vaya con dios mi amigos en la fe
deerstalker

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 05:15:48 AM »

...............it only takes one or two in a city of a million to cause all sorts of hate and discontent, way out of proportion to their numbers...

I think the challenge is not to over react to these sort of events.

Umpteen existing laws have been broken, so LE will investigate and prosecute those responsible in the normal way.

Terrorists spend hundreds of dollars and western society spends billions in response..................often incidentally imposing futile restrictions on their citizen's liberty and privacy along the way IMO.

http://dirttime.com/on-terrorism

Good start Christopher
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 05:58:06 AM by deerstalker » Logged
Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka
Lynch Mob

Redneck Iconoclast

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 06:59:39 AM »

Most Muslims here in the US  are not real big believers in Sharia law.  And most are opposed to acts of violence in the name of their religion.  And most mosques are not hotbeds of Islamic radicalism.

However, just like Catholics and Protestants have their crazies, so do Muslims.  And while no one mentions the religion of any of the other crazies that kill people, if a Muslim does it, his religion becomes the center point of the article.  What religion was Jeffery Dahmer, for example.

I disagree. http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/06/24/shock-poll-51-of-american-muslims-want-sharia-25-okay-with-violence-against-americans/ 
Jeffery Dahmer's religion wasn't a defining factor for him. There is no real comparison between Catholics and Protestants to Muslims. What factors do you want to compare? Number of deaths? Number of locations? Legitimacy of targets? Muslims are dangerous.

Pacifism is the abdication of life.(™)
Civility is over-rated.(™)
The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea.
-Isak Dinesen.
deerstalker

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 07:13:32 AM »

There's this link in the article............

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2015/06/23/nationwide-poll-of-us-muslims-shows-thousands-support-shariah-jihad/

deerstalker

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 07:18:01 AM »

There is no real comparison between Catholics and Protestants to Muslims.

I think there might have been a few hundred years ago, the west has progressed though while many Muslim countries are still living in the middle ages culturally.   Undecided

Curmudgeon

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »

I disagree. http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/06/24/shock-poll-51-of-american-muslims-want-sharia-25-okay-with-violence-against-americans/ 
Jeffery Dahmer's religion wasn't a defining factor for him. There is no real comparison between Catholics and Protestants to Muslims. What factors do you want to compare? Number of deaths? Number of locations? Legitimacy of targets? Muslims are dangerous.

Muslims cannot even get along with other segments of their own religion.  We, as a nation do not really understand religious commitment and what it's like to completely, unequivocally, believe that "our" god is the only god and that all others are not only false, but an affront to the one true god.  Then couple that with the teaching that fighting and killing in the name of your god is not only acceptable but desirable.  Then add in the belief that those who believe differently are a lower class of human being and not due the same status or rights of those who believe and you have a belief system in which you can justify any sort of atrocity in the name of your god.  I am not saying that all Muslims believe in every aspect of what I've written but if even ten percent do and act upon it then you will have a world in constant turmoil.  Look at the countries with large Muslim populations.  Which are at peace within their borders?  As the Muslim population grows so does strife.  They become very similar to gang infested neighborhoods in the US.  No one is safe. If you are not facing death as part of a gang warring against other rival gangs then you are still at risk from the consequences of gang warfare.   Also, never forget that the purpose of terrorism is not to win a war but to inspire fear. 

"It's easier to get things done with a kind word and a gun, than a kind word alone." - Al Capone
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Quill

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 11:19:21 AM »

There is no real comparison between Catholics and Protestants to Muslims.

I think there might have been a few hundred years ago, the west has progressed though while many Muslim countries are still living in the middle ages culturally.   Undecided

Actually they have gone back to the stone age. Afghanistan, Syria and Iran were quite like the west into the 1970s. They thought their corrupt leaders needed to be dealt with and of course people believed that if their leaders were very religious they wouldn't be corrupt.

Personally I would go back to the meaning of terrorism.
Terrorism is, in its broadest sense, the use or threatened use of violence (terror) in order to achieve a political, religious, or ideological aim.
Wiki

Now apply it problems in urban areas and make sure to apply the ideological aim part. That is not political or religious. Gangs, cartels, plus race and ethnic radicals. Every time there is a riot it is an act of terrorism. Personally I thing rape, robbery and murder fall into it. A politician won't agree with that because it would show he or she was not doing anything and might be part of the problem. You go back and think about why Dude carries that shoulder bag everywhere. When others are panicking in fear he is prepared not to be and get to a spot where cooler heads prevail.

What's over the next hill?
Christopher Nyerges
Lynch Mob

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 12:33:44 PM »

Quill, I like the way you brought Dude into the discussion.   

Personally, I see things getting worse before they get better.  We are a very open country, in many ways, and that can be used against us.  Shouldn't the function of Immigration be to bring in talented people to the U.S., and people who desperately want to live in a country where they have a chance to escape their own hellholes? 

That is one issue, and the politicians (who we pay) do not see it that way.

Rooster

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 12:38:39 PM »

And the Muslim religion will offer no conclusive statement denouncing radical Muslim jihadism. Makes both the military and our internal enforcement organization's job that much more difficult. Plus, due to religious affiliation, I believe that far too many of non-radicalized Muslims secretly would or do, support  the 10% of their total pop. that is radicalized.
 Trust is earned not given and although it may be true, they have done very little to reassure me that as a Religion, they are possessed with a set of good intentions.

Hope all at DT are well,  Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Rooster

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 12:58:12 PM »

Quill, I like the way you brought Dude into the discussion.   

Personally, I see things getting worse before they get better.  We are a very open country, in many ways, and that can be used against us.  Shouldn't the function of Immigration be to bring in talented people to the U.S., and people who desperately want to live in a country where they have a chance to escape their own hellholes? 

That is one issue, and the politicians (who we pay) do not see it that way.

I too, am expecting worse before better.

Hope you and all of DT are well,  Rooster

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting