October 23, 2017, 05:32:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Survival Value of Coins  (Read 3461 times)
Rooster

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »

Another perspective by a Marine on another Forum: Give me a thousand dollars, drop me off anywhere in America and I'll make it home. Can buy a weapon, travel at night if necessary and again, I'll make it home.
 I keep a little cash, a little gold and silver and my passport, serial #'s to each of my guns, a 1911 and a few other items in a go-bag next to my bed so that, God forbid, if I wake up and the house is on fire, I won't have evac. with nothing but the clothes on my back.

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Yo soy un Indio Americano

Vayo con dios mi amigos en la fe

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2016, 05:20:30 PM »

a 1000 bucks in America and make it home is a no brainer for most of us.. 

Dude

I have been where the hand of man has never set foot...
I'm not in  here with you , you are in here with me!...
 Of course I'm out of my mind , it's dark and scary in there...
Be a DirtBag and Fill it by Owning the Skills...
http://dirttimedude.blogspot.com visit my blog
"I have sat in the front row of hell and spit in the devils eye, first the right then the left.
 I have lived my life in such a manner that when I roll out of bed in the morning and my feet hit the floor , the devils reaction is .. oh shit!!.. he's awake!!!.
Rooster

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »

Dear elder Dude. The scenario was to be considered within the confines of a national collapse. The military training and knowledge vets receive or have received, would give each of them an edge in a cross country journey that would be, even with a weapon, fairly intimidating to a civilian like me. I have no training in evasion tactics and figure that law enforcement officers are probably better trained to catch someone like me, trying to sneak through a check point.
 I understand that under normal circumstances, a bus ticket, plane or train ticket, is something any of us could handle.
 And I do admit to a boyish image of a Marine, moving swiftly and silently through the night , unstoppable in his journey home. That was the spirit in which I posted my comment.

In the name of conversation and with the utmost respect,

Rooster

I can be just as angry at the jihadists for wanting to kill me, as they are angry with me for being an American.

Someday, the highest peak on the tallest mountain on earth, may be nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach.
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2016, 08:17:40 PM »

alrighty then ,, as a former  Marine i get it ... in the context of what you said...

Dude

"I have sat in the front row of hell and spit in the devils eye, first the right then the left.
 I have lived my life in such a manner that when I roll out of bed in the morning and my feet hit the floor , the devils reaction is .. oh shit!!.. he's awake!!!.
Rooster

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2016, 08:46:44 PM »

I owe you Dude, for your goodness, patience and understanding. I will at least, and in anticipation, pay attention to all of your posts regarding all matters.

Blessings and prayers,

Rooster

Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2016, 11:08:42 PM »

Rooster
 thanks for the kind words , there will be a test.. 

best regards to you , and thanks for posting on the forum..

Dude

vector001

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2016, 11:30:44 PM »

one of the tests used to be that you'd be dropped off at Point A without warning somewhere in the USA, with five dollars, and you'd have to make it to Point B (far away) without getting stopped, etc.

after some pass-down, folks got really good at it, so they made a bunch of rules on what you could and could not do, including pass-down.

i don't know if they still sanction the practice.

if so, they probably wouldn't admit it.

around here, they'd duct tape you up and then dump you in a body of water at Point A. - it was presumed that you had drown-proofing down pat.

hey, at least you wouldn't be thirsty!

Grin

a good 1911, a good knife and belt, and 1000 clams sounds like a good set-up!

Fat City!

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
Quill

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2016, 09:19:17 AM »

We learned that in high school. One of the hazing schemes was that upper class men took you for a ride at lunch time and dumped you in the country and you had to find your way back. Hopefully before lunch was over or the ability to sneak in after. My temperament was give it a go or if irritated just say screw it and head home for the afternoon. Grin Once they found out you headed home and had a better time they left you alone. Reminds me of a movie on WWI American pilots fighting for the French. I think there was some training exercise where dumped in Germany. They would take a train or bus to the Netherlands or Switzerland. Partied for a bit and hired a driver to bring them back to camp. After all the US wasn't at war at the time. Use your head to get home.

By the way vec to $5 was the some so places couldn't lock you up for vagrancy. The theory was you had enough to eat and get a room for the night. That was one my dad was insistent on. Today you need $100. Remember when people thought they could just write a check? At least under normal times you can hit an ATM with a credit card. One thing that concerns me with cash today is you can't carry much without being accused of buying drugs and the cops seizing your money.

What's over the next hill?
vector001

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2016, 04:54:46 PM »

One thing that concerns me with cash today is you can't carry much without being accused of buying drugs and the cops seizing your money.

innocent until proven guilty - no, now we are fucking Italy....

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
deerstalker

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2016, 04:30:46 AM »

a good 1911, a good knife and belt, and 1000 clams sounds like a good set-up!

vec

Combat-Trout

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2016, 11:09:14 PM »

One thing that concerns me with cash today is you can't carry much without being accused of buying drugs and the cops seizing your money.

innocent until proven guilty - no, now we are fucking Italy....

vec

Ha, the insurance racketeers over there don't  take 100% like the cops do out here... Talk about billing the host... Taxed on one side and your stuff taken without charges even filed, so much for the rule of law...

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Quill

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2016, 09:40:46 AM »

They are going to take it a couple of times from people with good lawyers and money to spend, then it will hit the fan. Of course maybe they have and all parties have kept quiet. But there is always somebody who wants 15mn of fame.

What's over the next hill?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting