August 21, 2017, 04:38:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Christmas  (Read 1572 times)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 07:24:13 AM »

Great article Christopher.  The comments are good as well.  My mother used the wire end of the flyswatter.  The coddling of youth is only one aspect of failed parenting today.  The other (and closely tied to coddling and perhaps even more damaging) is the abandonment of children today.  We know way too many children who are virtually ignored and abandoned by their parents.  We know too many parents who use their children to fill their own-unmet needs.  It amazes me the number of parents who wish their kids would just go away and not bother them or want them to stay forever because a parent(s) "needs" them for some unmet psychological "need" the parent(s) has.

"It's easier to get things done with a kind word and a gun, than a kind word alone." - Al Capone
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Quill

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 12:11:35 PM »

I worked in a psych ward so I know damaged kids. I also know a lot that play at being damaged. The shrinks did little to help the former and were manipulated by the latter. The really abused kids you want to take the parents and try a little of the same treatment on them. The fakers, you wished you could horsewhip their parents. Worse problem I had was taking care of wife beaters. Then another orderly said don't worry when they get to prison, they will get theirs. Still I couldn't stay working at such a place. Nothing you could but sit on your hands and let the river of crap flow. I can't stay with that, must be why politicians don't like me. I would rather sweep floors.

What's over the next hill?
vector001

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 05:45:17 PM »

Great article Christopher.  The comments are good as well.  My mother used the wire end of the flyswatter.  The coddling of youth is only one aspect of failed parenting today.  The other (and closely tied to coddling and perhaps even more damaging) is the abandonment of children today.  We know way too many children who are virtually ignored and abandoned by their parents.  We know too many parents who use their children to fill their own-unmet needs.  It amazes me the number of parents who wish their kids would just go away and not bother them or want them to stay forever because a parent(s) "needs" them for some unmet psychological "need" the parent(s) has.

pure gold.

you have to teach yourself to laugh at the increasing morons, and maybe even help them suffer a bit when you can't get caught.... Grin

hiding won't work, there is always some paid-by-the-city moron who crosses all the barbed wire and no trespass signs to get a gander at what ya got.... too bad about that 12 foot hole full of those funny broken branches....

black soldier fly larva will turn them into chicken food by tomorrow....

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
Combat-Trout

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 01:16:09 PM »

Great article Christopher.  The comments are good as well.  My mother used the wire end of the flyswatter.  The coddling of youth is only one aspect of failed parenting today.  The other (and closely tied to coddling and perhaps even more damaging) is the abandonment of children today.  We know way too many children who are virtually ignored and abandoned by their parents.  We know too many parents who use their children to fill their own-unmet needs.  It amazes me the number of parents who wish their kids would just go away and not bother them or want them to stay forever because a parent(s) "needs" them for some unmet psychological "need" the parent(s) has.

It's an epidemic. Sadly to many parents aren't even grown up, really pathetic. Parents should be raising their kids to aspire to be better, each generation improving the family, the community, and the world. But sadly, how many dads walk around all weekend in their jerseys being mad becuase they kids aren't going to be qb of the year just like their dad... I could go on forever, but I've got meaningful things to do rather than bitch about the long pork...  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:02:54 PM by Combat-Trout » Logged

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
vector001

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 05:53:35 PM »

It's an epidemic. Sadly to many parents aren't even grown up, really pathetic. Parents should be raising their kids to aspire to be better, each generation improving the family, the community, and the world. But sadly, how many dads walk around all weekend in their jerseys being mad becuase they kids aren't going to be qb of the year just like their dad... I could go on forever, but I've got meaningful things to do rather than bitch and the long pork... 

on the sunny side, one good thing about abortion being so available is by logical extension, society will soon find it acceptable to make killing human beings that are considered a waste of tissue legal retroactively....

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
deerstalker

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 11:13:40 PM »

Apparently there's no Santa.........  Huh? Undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFap0luOuyo
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 11:23:09 PM by deerstalker » Logged
Bill S

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2015, 11:03:43 AM »

One of the better true Christmas stories I have read.  And what you learned from it is even better.
Combat-Trout

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 09:04:09 PM »

It's an epidemic. Sadly to many parents aren't even grown up, really pathetic. Parents should be raising their kids to aspire to be better, each generation improving the family, the community, and the world. But sadly, how many dads walk around all weekend in their jerseys being mad becuase they kids aren't going to be qb of the year just like their dad... I could go on forever, but I've got meaningful things to do rather than bitch and the long pork... 

on the sunny side, one good thing about abortion being so available is by logical extension, society will soon find it acceptable to make killing human beings that are considered a waste of tissue legal retroactively....

vec

There is a bright side to everything...

"At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting