March 22, 2017, 05:17:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's in a name?  (Read 1182 times)
Alan Halcon

« on: October 10, 2013, 10:39:11 AM »

Dude has a new article up

http://dirttime.com/whats-in-a-name-dude-poking-a-little-fun

Petzlglyph

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 11:32:49 AM »

Well we do spend a lot of time working on getting ownership of the skills.  We practice till we get consistent results.  We plan ahead and keep an eye on trends to maintain a high awareness of what's coming so well be ready.  I'd say were: Supercallousedfruitfulpracticedwithextrahighawareness  Grin

Thanks Dude
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:55:59 AM by Petzlglyph » Logged

The lower the level of preparation, the higher the odds of being hopelessly lost!    Knowledge is like fertilizer, it won't do you any good unless you spread it around.
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 01:48:54 PM »

good one .. see it is easy to come up with something that will confuse the crap out of everyone.. like the media..

Dude

I have been where the hand of man has never set foot...
I'm not in  here with you , you are in here with me!...
 Of course I'm out of my mind , it's dark and scary in there...
Be a DirtBag and Fill it by Owning the Skills...
http://dirttimedude.blogspot.com visit my blog
"I have sat in the front row of hell and spit in the devils eye, first the right then the left.
 I have lived my life in such a manner that when I roll out of bed in the morning and my feet hit the floor , the devils reaction is .. oh shit!!.. he's awake!!!.
vector001

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 01:58:30 PM »

the other bastard president, Bubba Clinton, taught me that i was just being stubborn with all those high ideals and personal convictions in the military, hence what i call my kind now;

CuzICans. - a relative group of the TryNstopMeez.

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
Quill

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 01:59:02 PM »

We are just a bunch of Dudes. We practice dudism.

What's over the next hill?
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »

Quilll name calling will get you no where long live the Druids.. I dont know where that came from , must be from my ancient blood of my pagan Scotts/Vikings, background

Vec.. good call  TryNstopMeez.. has its own ring to it.. but that is what people are really saying ..

Dude

"I have sat in the front row of hell and spit in the devils eye, first the right then the left.
 I have lived my life in such a manner that when I roll out of bed in the morning and my feet hit the floor , the devils reaction is .. oh shit!!.. he's awake!!!.
oldgeekster1

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 03:05:19 PM »

Dr. Arthur Bradley, author of "The Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family", (excellent book if you don't have a copy or two), points to three types of survival skills people latch onto:

The Stockpiler: someone with a wide assortment of supplies but very little knowledge of how to actually do anything.

The MacGyver: someone who can jury rig anything with duct tape, a pencil, and a pack of chewing gum.

The Survivalist: someone who can find dinner in an old stump and keep warm using a roll of toilet paper and a rusty coffee can.

aka: "StockGyvaList!", (or "Dude" for short).  
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:08:34 PM by oldgeekster1 » Logged
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »

give ME a roll of that terlit paper and i will show ya trick i learned in the Corps.. wrap yerself in it and set it on fire , that will toasty you up

good name oldg.. the combo works well .. StockGyvaList..

Dude

Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 11:14:29 PM »

bump to the top

MountainManIndy

My Road to Somewhere Else

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 11:34:03 PM »

give ME a roll of that terlit paper and i will show ya trick i learned in the Corps.. wrap yerself in it and set it on fire , that will toasty you up

good name oldg.. the combo works well .. StockGyvaList..

Dude

"All that is necessary for the Truimph of Evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

If you read and speak English - thank a teacher. If you write and speak your mind - thank those who serve in the military.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If you want to be immortal - either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing about" - Ben Franklin ['or don't die' - Woody Allen]
Petzlglyph

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 07:17:53 PM »

"TRANSENDITALLAGISTS"
Grin

The lower the level of preparation, the higher the odds of being hopelessly lost!    Knowledge is like fertilizer, it won't do you any good unless you spread it around.
Bill S

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 11:49:02 AM »

A good name for me would be "Bill".  That way, I know who you're talking to.   Grin

Unless you want to be formal, in which case I will answer to "Bill".  Not Mr. Bill, who is a cartoon character.

Just Bill.
Quill

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 12:27:59 PM »

A good name for me would be "Bill".  That way, I know who you're talking to.   Grin

Unless you want to be formal, in which case I will answer to "Bill".  Not Mr. Bill, who is a cartoon character.

Just Bill.

As long as there is no psycho blonde with a sword around. 

What's over the next hill?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting