April 19, 2014, 05:11:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Credit Card Knife  (Read 1342 times)
Smithy

Walking Softly

« on: October 18, 2011, 09:05:45 PM »

Ok, in the land of arrowcards and abalone, this may not rise to a superior level of cool, but I thought it was a really neat idea.  I was hoping for a video of actual handling, but this'll have to do for now:

http://www.iainsinclair.com/knife_video.html

Nevermind, found it:

http://www.iainsinclair.com/knife_unboxing.html
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:08:38 PM by Smithy » Logged

Christopher Price, proprietor, The Tidewater Forge
http://www.tidewaterforge.com
918victor

WPC Viceroy

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 11:49:28 PM »

That's pretty ninja.

Matt

Chasing tail and sporting big wood!

Never under estimate the power of the Westside!

Grandestester, Most Supremestester, Most Westestester, Highestestester, Most Exaltedestester and most Apotheosistester Viceroy-Westside Pirate Crew
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 02:37:36 PM »

I believe different versions of this have been around for sometime.

The  plastic card oldest trick is to sharpen one edge, they get very sharp, and use it as a weapon. Kind of a no brainer , but simple things do not always come to mind. No one really inspects the card, and looks innocent with the other plastic most seem to carry. If I did this I would pick a card that I do not really use, and sharpen that one. Dont want some clerk cutting his pinky.

Dude..

I have been where the hand of man has never set foot...
I'm not in  here with you , you are in here with me!...
 Of course I'm out of my mind , it's dark and scary in there...
Be a DirtBag and Fill it by Owning the Skills...

"I have sat in the front row of hell and spit in the devils eye, first the right then the left.
 I have lived my life in such a manner that when I roll out of bed in the morning and my feet hit the floor , the devils reaction is .. oh shit!!.. he's awake!!!.
Hacksaw
Lynch Mob

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 04:09:50 PM »

Funny this is showing up on blogs just recently. This thing has been around for a while now. I think I saw it on the internet as far back as this time last year.

That's how obscure stuff goes though I guess...new or not it's still interesting.
Dude McLean
Lynch Mob

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 09:08:35 PM »

Always , the more info we get the better. What is old to one person or a dozen, is new to 20  or more. Everyone didnot start in at the same time.
 No one can keep up with everything.
 My comment was just that, not being critical. .

Dude

I have been where the hand of man has never set foot...
I'm not in  here with you , you are in here with me!...
 Of course I'm out of my mind , it's dark and scary in there...
Be a DirtBag and Fill it by Owning the Skills...

"I have sat in the front row of hell and spit in the devils eye, first the right then the left.
 I have lived my life in such a manner that when I roll out of bed in the morning and my feet hit the floor , the devils reaction is .. oh shit!!.. he's awake!!!.
Smithy

Walking Softly

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 10:18:18 PM »

I'm pretty sure, reading their webpage, that the blade is steel - it's just packaged in a "card" style of synthetics, and hinged to them.

Christopher Price, proprietor, The Tidewater Forge
http://www.tidewaterforge.com
Alan Halcon
Lynch Mob

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 11:13:21 PM »

I'm in. How do I get a titanium one?

That is bad ass

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka
Lynch Mob

WPC Viceroy

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 02:25:36 AM »

I'm in. How do I get a titanium one?

That is bad ass
I think ceramic would be better.

The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea.
-Isak Dinesen.
Hacksaw
Lynch Mob

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 11:07:14 AM »

Yeah. The blade is surgical stainless and the 'handle' is polypropylene.

Titanium would be sweet. Ceramic might prevent it from being good for the wallet as it seems to be intended (all his products for that matter) The second you sit on some un-even surface....crack!

It's neat but my only issue is that you have to put it together every time you need it. It's like carrying around a utility knife with a pack of blades seperately...for me that overshadows the sex apeal.
Alan Halcon
Lynch Mob

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 12:22:32 PM »

Raid3r, showed me this on facebook

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2011/08/05/carzor-an-emergency-credit-card-sized-razor-mirror/

Hacksaw
Lynch Mob

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 02:30:03 PM »

I've seen those razors before in travel magazines. I think the blades are proprietary and only available online. If you could slap on an old school Trac-whatever head that you can buy anywhere then I'd consider it.

I'll stick with my 60+ year old Gillette travel safety razor. Might not fit in the wallet but it's every bit as small and you can still buy the blades at most drug stores...and cheaply. And it's indestructable!
Thomas Coyne

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »

there is actually something way "neater" than this. One of my instructors had something he called a ballistic credit card. Same size and shape as a regular card, but it is much harder plastic w/one side filed razor sharp. He always forgets to take his out of his wallet when he flies and the screeners miss it every time. I would check it out if you're into that kind of thing. Haven't been able to find one online yet. Perhaps you'll have better results...

"Scientia, Par Vox, Par Licentia... Knowledge, Equals Power, Equals Freedom" ...remember where it all begins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting