October 23, 2017, 05:36:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Arrowcard  (Read 47041 times)
Zengunfighter
Lynch Mob

« on: August 02, 2010, 10:18:50 PM »

Someone came up with a great idea of making a steel card that would fit in an Altoids can, that had 4 pre-cut arrowheads, a scraper, saw blade, and knife blade all in one.

Anyone here know who makes it/where I can get them?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:23:01 PM by Zengunfighter » Logged
Johnbar

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »

Zen,
I believe those are made by Black Arrow.

Last year, 918victor made the first kill with one of these arrow heads.
He made a fish spear with by lashing one of the heads to a  stick with some para cord.

Johnbar

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:48:57 PM by Johnbar » Logged
JohnE

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 12:41:01 AM »

I'm not even an archer but that right there is just f'n cool.

I don't know why I find stuff like this so cool, I guess Tim Allen was more right about us guys then I've ever been willing to admit.

I have GOT to get one of those.

I like to live in the sound of water, in the feel of the mountain air.
A sharp reminder hits me: this world still is alive; it stretches out
there shivering toward its own creation, and I’m part of it. Even
my breathing enters into this elaborate give-and-take, this bowing
to sun and moon, day or night, winter, summer, storm, still — this
tranquil chaos that seems to be going somewhere.  This wilderness
with a great peacefulness in it.  This motionless turmoil,
this everything dance.
-   William Stafford
vector001

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 12:16:26 PM »

I'm not even an archer but that right there is just f'n cool.

I don't know why I find stuff like this so cool, I guess Tim Allen was more right about us guys then I've ever been willing to admit.

I have GOT to get one of those.

they perform.

i've seen 'em.

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
918victor

WPC Viceroy

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 06:48:50 PM »

These things are beyond cool. I was lucky to test one at the coast last year. I made the first and second confimed kills with it using a short syick and a piece of surgical tubing.( third kill was a probable but I lost the fish).There is a picture in the post of the upcoming Seamen Slinger event. They make it so convienant to be ready to hunt. They will fit in any kit and seem suitable for a variety of game. Rigged as a slip-tip on a on a long pole spear they would easily take big fish from in or above the water. I think it would be easy to use one to make a hawaiian sling and hunt with it on land and sea. Its just one of those ideas/products that really gets the wheels spinning, especially if you like to kill things and eat them. We will be testing them this year on a wider variety of prey.

Hopefully Blackarrow will be going commercial with these soon.

Matt

Chasing tail and sporting big wood!

Never under estimate the power of the Westside!

Grandestester, Most Supremestester, Most Westestester, Highestestester, Most Exaltedestester and most Apotheosistester Viceroy-Westside Pirate Crew
black arrow

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 03:01:34 PM »

Hopefully Blackarrow will be going commercial with these soon.

Matt

Hopefully...

Thank you for your kind words of support, I guess this is a good time to intro the idea here. Here's the basics:

ARROWCARD (PATENT PENDING) PROJECT

Goal: to carry arrowheads and an arrow-delivery system in a small commercial or military survival kit or in a privately made kit housed in a commercially available compact container.
Common containers in kit use today include the Altoids candy tin, Perinth kit, Survival Industries survival kit, Sol kit, BCB Combat / Trekkers / Military / Bushcraft Mountain Survival Tins, (…) kits and other containers as available to users.

Problem: Commercially available arrowheads are packed in bulky (for kits) containers or loose and have a conical, cylindrical or threaded base. This shape makes the arrowheads difficult to secure on the shaft without modern attachment points and difficult to secure in the kit, allowing the arrowheads to shuffle around, possibly damaging other kit items and/or injuring the carrier. Commercially available metal “trade” type arrowheads are flat, but are packed loose and may present the same problem of kit item damage/personal injury unless secured by the user.
Currently, commercially available arrow-delivery systems such as bows and slings are not compact enough to allow carry within a compact kit container.

Solution: A (…metal plate/card) with incomplete cut-outs of arrowheads, which can be punched out when needed. Hand-making an arrowhead is a time-consuming critical task necessary to complete an arrow made during an emergency in the wild.  …

The (system) also contains a knife edge, a saw and scraping edges to assist in cleaning animals, cutting and shaping arrow shafts or bow, atl-atl, shelter frame, staff or spear; sharpen a wooden spear tip, notch arrow shaft for arrowhead, notch emergency animal traps, nock arrow shafts, make fuzz-sticks for fire-making and to strike sparks from a ferrocerium rod or flint.

The (system) provides a means for the user to more quickly fashion shelter and tools to provide food, fire and protection for themselves and others in a survival situation.

The flat “card” format takes up a neat, minimal space and the arrowheads being left on the card until use allows for safer storage.

No other (system) provides the utility of the ARROWCARD (PATENT PENDING), BOWCARD (PATENT PENDING) or SPEARCARD (PATENT PENDING) and no other card supplies vital, difficult to manufacture survival items such as arrowheads and bow in such a compact, secure package.

One of the more common kit containers used for a minimal survival kit is the Altoids tin. The first ARROWCARD card design is sized to fit the Altoids tin for the civilian market, but can be re-sized to fit most, if not all, of the kits in use by the military, other commercial kits and custom kits.

*Here's a link to a photo showing the proper grip on the card while cutting a notch in an arrowshaft. Note that no part of the hand is in contact with the knife blade while using the saw.  The reverse is true, also.

...my photo-attaching-fu is not working today, here is the direct link:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/44316389@N03/4860456999/#
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 03:42:06 PM by black arrow » Logged
Zengunfighter
Lynch Mob

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 08:42:29 PM »

Dude, we were sold just on the picture. no need for a speil. What needs to happen, for one of these cards to be in MY altoids can?
BrianGrubbs

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 09:08:19 PM »

I believe you are a genius, sir.  That has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time!

Brian
black arrow

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 12:22:29 AM »

Zen, I'm still working on some things... not happy with it yet.
I will let you know when it's ready, but I'll check with admin here to make sure I do it right. I appreciate the interest, but it is not offered for sale - yet.

Brian - thanks, but not by a long shot.  Simple mind, simple ideas.
Zengunfighter
Lynch Mob

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 07:15:17 AM »

Brian - thanks, but not by a long shot.  Simple mind, simple ideas.

It's a great idea, very well thought out. They will sell very well once you start producing them. Governments will be your biggest buyers.
hd45hunt

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 08:35:40 AM »

Black Arrow, very, very innovative idea.  Add me to the "pre-order" list as well.  I'm sure we'd all love to hear more about your "bowcard" and "spearcard" too.   Grin
black arrow

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 11:47:26 AM »

... Governments will be your biggest buyers.

I was kinda hopin' they would think it was useful for something.
You can probably think of a couple of other, unadvertised, uses for it... not just wilderness survival, but maybe escape and resistance, too. The tools to be on the cards are not limited to arrowheads and/or spearheads.

hd45hunt: The BOWCARD is...well, let's just stand-by til I can get some photos up.   I will show it after the ARROWCARDs are in production.
Someone has already approached a major knifemaker to make the ARROWCARDs, even though they had only been shown previously on one site and shown as a PATENT PENDING project.  As fate would have it, it happened to be the same person I had been in contact with. Cool

The SPEARCARD may contain one or more large points and one or more smaller (arrow) points, depending on the model of the card and size of the container, for use with spear, atl-atl or arrow.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 04:02:33 AM by black arrow » Logged
vector001

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »

we'll be glad to sell them for you, so you don't have to.  Grin

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
Zengunfighter
Lynch Mob

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 01:00:09 PM »

we'll be glad to sell them for you, so you don't have to.  Grin

vec

Selling them WON'T be a problem...
John McCann
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »