October 21, 2017, 09:42:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR SPONSORS SUPPORT US, PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THEM

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: DT09 Equipment Evaluation  (Read 28899 times)
Centerfinger

Grind monkey, need a knife?

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 10:34:07 AM »

I brought to much production cutlery and not enough of my own.  I forgot my hiking boots at home and only missed those one time.  To many clothes as well, I wore the same pants all week and changed my shirt once.

snaps10

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 11:46:21 PM »

I'm not bringing anything next time (maybe my climbing rack)
I can cuddle for warmth.
Crash someone else's hooch
Steal beer.
Everyone has like 472 knives, no shortage there.

take! take! taaaake!

official westside pirate
MountainManIndy

My Road to Somewhere Else

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 10:53:42 PM »

As for me...

I've used the tent with a tarp ground cloth setup wayyyy too many times to restart... besides it works for me. The rugs - I've had with me since high school (they were in my room while I was 'attempting' to grow up - now they're still kickin' and I've still not grown up - just taller  )
My 'Moses' stick is a part of my arm... when I go traipsing around... although I do have a smaller version of it, I like ol' Moses (it probably got to be annoying for some folks when we were eating... but oh well  Roll Eyes)

The little dangling thingy in the picture is my REI candle lantern... works great with the citronella candle... downright comfy setting outside the tent in the twilight - NOOO BUGS... (when I wasn't up at Pavillion West eating dessert)

1 pair of boots (Cabella's 8"tops - waterproof waffle stompers... worked great for tromping around on my own)
1 pair of flipflops for the shower and for inside the tent (plus towel, and toiletries)
1 'grizzily cot' - 4" off the ground, ~30"wide, but 80" long... when you've a 76" body length - not dangling your feet is right comfy)
1 tent light (actually the PAL light... makes for getting up in the middle of the night alot easier... when going on an adventure to 'lower the water pressure')
1 sleeping bag - cozy
Too many clothes... but workable
My BoB (bug out bag - ... with lots of stuff to include my Medical kit, food kit,  & water purification kit)
Knives and things: TOPS - Steel Eagle 111, ATAX; Cold Steel - Master Hunter, Spike (neck knife), Brave Heart (boot knife); Gerber - 20" Camp Hatchet (with saw blade in the handle); MY ALWAYS WITH ME SAK Hunter; and I purchased - 1 Western Skinner while there

1 - 12 bottle case of water... (didn't need it - but drank it all... maybe change this to beer though)

Did I need it all... no... but it made things comfy... I did get to use/test lots of my stuff though... which is always a good idea.  
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:10:25 PM by MountainManIndy » Logged

"All that is necessary for the Truimph of Evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

If you read and speak English - thank a teacher. If you write and speak your mind - thank those who serve in the military.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If you want to be immortal - either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing about" - Ben Franklin ['or don't die' - Woody Allen]
Alpha Mike

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 09:34:21 PM »

If you need it, and don't got it, you sing a different song.

For me, it was just car camping.  I needed every luxury item I brought.

I actually took some equipment out there to test.  A couple of different sleeping bags.  Hated the one I thought I would like, and liked the one I thought I would hate.  Go figure.

I always test out my gear before I really need to use it.

Michael

Wisdom is the characteristic that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it.

KA5OEK
vector001

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »

If you need it, and don't got it, you sing a different song.

For me, it was just car camping.  I needed every luxury item I brought.

I actually took some equipment out there to test.  A couple of different sleeping bags.  Hated the one I thought I would like, and liked the one I thought I would hate.  Go figure.

I always test out my gear before I really need to use it.

Michael

car camping is definitely a good shake-down process.

a lot of fun too, when you can make a five star meal and still be in the woods.

vec

"Evaluation is more important than calculation" - Garry Kasparov

Your source for the famous Arrowcards and other innovative goodies.

Contact -
michaelg@equinoxcoronado.com

Need ARROWCARDS FAST?
arrowcards@equinoxcoronado.com
black arrow

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 06:39:20 PM »

As for me...
The Camp -

I don't think I could sleep in a tent like that... or across from a tent like that.

But then, maybe you didn't go to parochial school...
MountainManIndy

My Road to Somewhere Else

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 11:27:42 AM »

Black Arrow... LOL...  Grin Yep, now that you mention it -  it does kinda look a bit 'churchy'... hmmm... maybe sermons or something would be in order...  Nope, didn't go to parochial school... just liked being able to almost stand up in it while putting on my pants...  Roll Eyes

Maybe I'll try a teepee... I have used the rainfly as a tarp... works right nice.... Lately I got a better tarp though figured I'd try some of Muddy Boots ideas...got an 8'X10' one made by Etowah that has super stitched tie down loops instead of grommets... should work pretty good... I could use it to disguise the tent...(or block your view so you wouldn't get cranky remembering those ruler-hand-wacking folks in parochial school...   )

"All that is necessary for the Truimph of Evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

If you read and speak English - thank a teacher. If you write and speak your mind - thank those who serve in the military.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If you want to be immortal - either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing about" - Ben Franklin ['or don't die' - Woody Allen]
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting